Trijicon scopes?

nuclear worker

Lil-Rokslider
I never see anything about these scopes? I have had them on several rifles and liked them. I am not a long range or competitive shooter. But have banged steel at 900 yards and taken Elk at 525 with them. My wife has banged steel at 400 and Elk at 200 with hers. Is there a reason y’all don’t use them? Was looking at putting new scope on my wife’s new build for Elk season. 6.5x284 can anybody give me a reason not to stay with Trijicon?

ericF

WKR
For the most part they are known for their tactical offerings and have skirted at the edges of the hunting community with the Accupoint, but never really offered or marketed things from a hunting perspective. I think this might be starting to change based on their new offerings and I myself recently picked up a Tenmile HX scope to try out this year. As with any market where there are entrenched competitors it will be hard for them to break in and take market share from Zeiss, Leupold, Swaro, etc. without offering something new and innovative. If they are taking the Nightforce approach of durability and mainline features but at a slightly lesser price then it will take even longer for them to be adopted as a reputation for durability takes time in the hunting community, but theoretically they have that reputation with people that have used their Acogs. Just my 2 cents.

Wapiti1

WKR
I have 3 of them (2 3X9 and 1 2.5-10). Great scopes. My only gripe, which has been corrected with their new lineups, was their 5-20 had a mil reticle and moa knobs. I sold that scope for that reason.

They just retooled the scope lineup and have a bunch of interesting offerings.

Jeremy

I have 4 of them and they've all performed great. My winter, predator rifles use them and a couple of them have pounded hundreds of miles in -20ºF and colder temperatures without any problems. Lots of African dangerous game rifles use them reliably as well. The optics are clear and the non-battery lit dots on mine are very useful.

I have a couple accupoints they are great scopes...killed deer, pigs, elk, antelope. Never had any issues with them.

OP
N

nuclear worker

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for all the responses. Building a new 6.5x284 for my wife and me being a guy was going to put a new scope on it. The wife says she likes her Trijicon on her Tika so I will just swap it over.

Nicksawik

FNG
Anyone have any experience with the accupower lineup of scopes? Was looking at the 4-16×50, not a bad price but not familiar with them outside of knowing about them. Hows the glass in comparison to a leupold vx3 or nikon monarch3? I have used both of them and am happy but nikon is leaving soon and leupold is getting rather pricey. Any feedback qould be great.

OP
N

nuclear worker

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone have any experience with the accupower lineup of scopes? Was looking at the 4-16×50, not a bad price but not familiar with them outside of knowing about them. Hows the glass in comparison to a leupold vx3 or nikon monarch3? I have used both of them and am happy but nikon is leaving soon and leupold is getting rather pricey. Any feedback qould be great.
We have the Accupoint series in 2.5-10x56 and 5-20x50 like them both. Have not used the Accupower lineup

Yeah...for true LR I prefer NightForce but for distances under 800 yards on my .308 semi auto, the
Trijicon AccuPower 1-8x28mm LED ROCKS!

I pulled this unreliable P.O.S. EOTech w/ magnifier off...

SANY0356.jpg

...and replaced it with the Trijicon. Big improvement! HUGE!

R25 NEW SCOPE.jpg

Nice balance for tactical & distance shooting.

OP
N

nuclear worker

Lil-Rokslider
The glass is good on them both?
We like them , but I don’t have any Zeiss or Leica or anything to compare them to. I did put a Leupold VX6HD on my Sheep rifle. I personally can’t tell you it’s better. I sold the gun that had my Trijicon on it to help pay for the Sheep rifle. So I didn’t get to compare side by side.

VernAK

WKR
I've got two 3-9 Accupoints and a 5-20x50 and I like em but haven't spent any amount of time comparing to other brands. I do like the lighted reticle [green] as we don't have shooting hours and that green dot against a black moose hide after sundown is a game changer. The glass seems good to my aged eyes. No problems with any that I've owned.

Nicksawik

FNG
Thanks for all the info, just wanna see what a cpl other people thought, its a fairly expensive scope so i would just like to see what others think of them

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Trijicon Accupower and Accupoint scopes represent in reality about what most people think all “good” scopes are- they’re not bombproof, but they generally hold zero well, dial consistently, and overall work

In 2018 and 2019 I saw +/- 50,000 rounds put on 7 Accupowers. All held zero, all adjusted within 1-2%, RTZ was solid. 1x had the reticle rotate 45 degrees at around 14k rounds after much abuse, and 2x had reticles rotate at around 3k rounds from just shooting.

Nicksawik

FNG
I see what ur saying but i think we are looking at it a bit differently. I of course would like the scope to be durable and hold 0 well, but i am looking at it from a hunting point of view. Concerned with the low light capabilities and the clarity to be able to judge quickly on if i am gonna take the shot or not. But thanks for the info on the ability for the scope to hold 0, very important to everyone buying a scope, i would think.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Any decent scope from a legit manufacturer has “glass” more than good enough to kill big game in any legal light in NA. That is not what separates scopes anymore. 30-40 yards ago? Yes. Not today. Glass is the easiest part to get for a company.

Trijicon Accupower and Accupoint scopes have good, to very good “glass”. They favor resolution over color fidelity however.