Trijicon Tenmile 3-18x44mm Field Eval Q&A

TX_Diver

WKR
I'm liking the Credo 2-10x36 FFP...and I'm watching this Tenmile eval with great interest.

I wish the Credo 2-10 was x42 though...even better would be 3-12x42.

Trijicon, you listening?
I’m interested in the credo 2-10 also. Wasn’t one on my radar previously…

It’s certainly usable.

I like FFP doughnuts well enough. But I like to track when there's snow and still hunt timber, so I always have an eye towards low X visibility when picking a big game scope for varied cover, and it's tough to beat the dot that a doughnut on low X gets you for quick moving targets in thick cover.

I'd probably like something close to the THLR/#4 on low X even better than a doughnut for all around use, but it seems companies are slow to adopt FFP in lower X range scopes in general, and when they do, they inexplicably pick something bordering on ridiculous, like Tract did in their latest offering.

At least I stocked up on 3-12 LRHS's and SWFA 3-9's.

Shraggs

WKR
Other than the new thlr reticle, which I’m really loving too, donuts on low power can be very effective. I’m a broken record but the 1-6 swfa is a great design as well. On 1 power ito effective for point and shoot at close range, zoom into 6 and it disappears revealing a very usable reticle with a small uncluttered center dot. That 2-3 power range use not so good as it’s distractin.

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Other than the new thlr reticle, which I’m really loving too, donuts on low power can be very effective. I’m a broken record but the 1-6 swfa is a great design as well. On 1 power ito effective for point and shoot at close range, zoom into 6 and it disappears revealing a very usable reticle with a small uncluttered center dot. That 2-3 power range use not so good as it’s distractin.

I wouldn’t really classify the 1-6x HD reticle as a donut, because as you said it disappears out of the FOV at 6x. It’s more like a ring reticle, and while not my favorite it is totally usable.

I'm with you there. I have a 1-6 SWFA on a 375 H&H, and I love it. I usually run it at 1.5 or so, and it's like a large aperture peep. At 6 you get the great MQ, which really helps wring the most distance out of the 375. I also like the option to run capped turrets on this model.

I keep hoping that SWFA will come out with a 2-10 or 3-12 HD styled closely to the 1-6. Since we're wishing, have a reticle option that appears as a post or even #4 at low X. At higher X, have a floating dot or small cross hair in the center with 1 mil space to the next verticle, and then have the MQ on the rest of the horizontal crosswires. That would get you out to 400 fast off the reticle with most big game cartridges; you'd dial for anything further, yet it would still be very well suited to close up shots in heavy cover.

As has been pointed out, first we need a few more companies to offer FFP in lower to mid X range scopes.

Last edited:

brn2hnt

WKR
I'm with you there. I have a 1-6 SWFA on a 375 H&H, and I love it. I usually run it at 1.5 or so, and it's like a large aperture peep. At 6 you get the great MQ, which really helps wring the most distance out of the 375. I also like the option to run capped turrets on this model.

I keep hoping that SWFA will come out with a 2-10 or 3-12 HD styled closely to the 1-6. Since we're wishing, have a reticle option that appears as a post or even #4 at low X. At higher X, have a floating dot or small cross hair in the center with 1 mil space to the next verticle, and then have the MQ on the rest of the horizontal crosswires. That would get you out to 400 fast off the reticle with most big game cartridges; you'd dial for anything further, yet it would still be very well suited to close up shots in heavy cover.

As has been pointed out, first we need a few more companies to offer FFP in lower to mid X range scopes.
Since we're wishing, let's just start by hoping that SWFA will have inventory in this lifetime 😂

In case anyone was looking, Sportsmans Warehouse has/had the Trijicon Tenmile 3-18x44mm ffp on sale for $1299. Haven't checked again today.

BAKPAKR

WKR
In case anyone was looking, Sportsmans Warehouse has/had the Trijicon Tenmile 3-18x44mm ffp on sale for $1299. Haven't checked again today.
I saw the MOA version for that price last week but the MIL version was quite a bit more than what I have seen it for elsewhere.

ChrisAU

WKR
This is the best price I'm finding on the MIL version:

But, I suggest putting what you want in your Amazon wish list and watching it. I got a Tenmile 4-24x50 and a Credo 2.5-10x56 cheper than anywhere else by doing that.

jfs82

WKR
This is the best price I'm finding on the MIL version:

But, I suggest putting what you want in your Amazon wish list and watching it. I got a Tenmile 4-24x50 and a Credo 2.5-10x56 cheper than anywhere else by doing that.
This. I grabbed a new but damaged box tenmile mrad 3x18 ffp for 1k recently.

TheViking

WKR
@TheViking bought one for a new rifle and it adjusted as expected when I was helping through the spotter.
Yes! I've only had it out once so far, but really, really like it. Great glass, functions as it should.

ba5a3f8afb5ce7d4bb06edad2a9b9a7d.jpg

567fbe654cb0f70dbc2ca5d4aa67742a.jpg

Last edited:

Dobermann

WKR
For me, I dislike donuts with a passion, I prefer a center dot, and I do not like the lopsided/uneven tick marks.
Off-topic on the Trijicon, but curious - if the choice was between an LRTS 3-12 (no donut, but also fainter "posts"), LRHS 3-12 (bold posts but a donut), which one would you go for for a general hunting option out to 600?

I know you rate the SWFA 3-9 as good for 600 and in, but my aging eyes seem to like the step up in glass and ability to go over 9x at times.

Given the street prices and test results, the tenmile seems to be pretty comparable to the shv-f1 minus 4oz. For those that have shot both, what were the notable differences?

sndmn11

WKR
Given the street prices and test results, the tenmile seems to be pretty comparable to the shv-f1 minus 4oz. For those that have shot both, what were the notable differences?

Reticles, 6mm on the objective, little more magnification range, tree illumination, zero "stop" mechanism, toolless turret 0 reset, maybe a scoosh more eye relief. I did not shoot the Trijicon sample because it was not my new toy, but looked a bit and the view seemed unremarkable in either a positive or negative direction compared to my SHV.

I'd view it as most comparable to the LRTS/LRHS.

Hondo64d

Lil-Rokslider
Off-topic on the Trijicon, but curious - if the choice was between an LRTS 3-12 (no donut, but also fainter "posts"), LRHS 3-12 (bold posts but a donut), which one would you go for for a general hunting option out to 600?

I know you rate the SWFA 3-9 as good for 600 and in, but my aging eyes seem to like the step up in glass and ability to go over 9x at times.
I have used the LRHS, LRHSi, and LRTSi. I kept the illuminated 3-12 LRTSi. To my eyes, the reticle on the illuminated version is noticeably thicker, thus easier to see in low light, even without the illum on, and I don’t like donut reticles. No regrets so far.

John