Trimble GPS replacement

MOHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I just received an email that Trimble Outdoors is essentially going out of business. They are honoring existing memberships until your anniversary date, and then you must find a replacement. This applies to the Trimble Outdoors Navigator, Hunt/Fish series, and Backpacker series of apps. I'm disappointed as it worked really well for me.

They are recommending a few alternatives for replacement: AllTrails, Adventure Projects, Backcountry Navigator, Gaia GPS, Map My Hike, ViewRanger, Hunt by OnXMaps. I've seen Backcountry Nav and Gaia on her before. What are you guys having success with?

The most important features to me: reasonable cost (the Trimble app was $5 and the annual subscription was $35); topo AND satellite imagery; downloadable maps for no service use; iPhone compatible; scouting ability on your PC; and I like the ability to generate custom maps for order through MyTopo.

If anyone else is facing the same issue and runs across helpful information in the transition (like saving and transferring existing data) please use this as a resource to share.

This is good to know. I haven't received this email yet. I had trouble with the Trimble app in the beginning but it got better and was very easy to use. I'm also curious about these other apps.

land cruiser

Lil-Rokslider
Got the same letter. Pulled the trigger on Hunt. Just bought a card and will use it in my computer and my Garmin. If I feel like I need it on my phone - there is an app for that.

bhylton

WKR
Onyx maps are great. very accurate topo, and having the landowner names and boundary's is incredible. I use them in my personal etrex 30, my etrex30 at work, and the oregon 600 at work.

I haven't received the email yet either, first I've heard about this in fact. Can't say it's been all that useful for me, always a bit slow on my phone's and tablet.