Trinovid / conquest HD / mavens

xFREDx

Lil-Rokslider
So another thread that I am sure has been talk about many times. I round me all we have are vortex so I can’t compare these binos. SLCs are discontinued in the 8x42 and 10x42 so I am in that $1000 price point area looking at a new pair. I see kahles has the helia S line coming but can only get them from optics trade (good news they are duty free unlike my scope I bought from them). So in these three who is choosing what and why?

In the around $1k mark there are a lot of options - in addition to what Doug already mentioned - Kowa Genesis & Nikon Monarch HG.

Know you said there are only Vortex dealers near you. But have you also checked out high-end birding stores? If you can drive to somewhere to compare I’d consider making the trip. Problem is internet sales put a lot of brick and mortar small-medium optics shops out of business and Cabelas no longer carries a lot of the high end stuff they used to.

There are quite a few detailed online reviews of Trinovid, Conquest, and Meostars. I’ve owned the Mavens and sold them, certainly a well made glass but to me there are better optics in the $1k range.

Sled

WKR
So another thread that I am sure has been talk about many times. I round me all we have are vortex so I can’t compare these binos. SLCs are discontinued in the 8x42 and 10x42 so I am in that $1000 price point area looking at a new pair. I see kahles has the helia S line coming but can only get them from optics trade (good news they are duty free unlike my scope I bought from them). So in these three who is choosing what and why?
fred, where are you looking next after selling the SLC's?

OP
xFREDx

xFREDx

Lil-Rokslider
fred, where are you looking next after selling the SLC's?
Still have one pair of SLC ( had two pair originally) and a pair or ELs. I like to try stuff constantly and test out for myself. In the end I could be selling after a month, a year, longer or keep them. Have a bad habit testing out different archery gear every year. I have learned a lot by doing it.

bozeman

WKR
The Trinovid HD's are superb to my eyes. My SLC's do best the Trinovid, but not by much. I got mine from CameralandNY.....they offer incredible service.