Trinovids vs HD Trinovids

I have been using 7 x 42 Leica Trinovids for 20+ years and have never felt under glassed. Recently discovered that Leica has the newer HD Trinovids for under $1,000. Thought about upgrading to the newer HDs but have read a couple of reviews that say the HDs have a lower quality of glass. For those that have used both, what do you say?

Thanks in advance.

BTW I hunt Whitetails in Mississippi and would be looking at the 8 x 42’s.

I ran a set of leica trinovid 10x 42 BN for years. I got the itch to upgrade to swaro 10x 42 slc hd. It made me realize just how good the older trinovids are. THEY give up very little other than they weigh a good bit more.

I have no experience with the trinovid hd but have read all the reviews.

I feel the older trinovids are some of the most under rated glass out there. They can usually be had at a good price if you are patient.

Scoot

WKR
Anyone have experience with both?

I own the older Trinovids and have used the new HD ones only in stores. There's no doubt I much prefer the older version to the newer one. I think they downgraded the Trinovids with the "upgrade".

Is there a good setup for a tripod mount for the old Trinovid BA's or do I need to use the big rubber band Leica thing. The only good thing about the big Leica thing is I already own one for use on my old Zeiss 10x40's with the doubler.

Is there a good setup for a tripod mount for the old Trinovid BA's or do I need to use the big rubber band Leica thing. The only good thing about the big Leica thing is I already own one for use on my old Zeiss 10x40's with the doubler.

Yes. Outdoorsmans makes an adapter stud for the older ba model. combine it with the quick detatch binocular mount and you will have a rock solid mount. THE whole set up runs about $100. I had this setup that I ran on my leica 10x 42 BN for years. I highly recommend this set up. JMHO.

Yes. Outdoorsmans makes an adapter stud for the older ba model. combine it with the quick detatch binocular mount and you will have a rock solid mount. THE whole set up runs about $100. I had this setup that I ran on my leica 10x 42 BN for years. I highly recommend this set up. JMHO.

Thanks!

fsuitw

FNG
I own the older Trinovids and have used the new HD ones only in stores. There's no doubt I much prefer the older version to the newer one. I think they downgraded the Trinovids with the "upgrade".

I think that happened just because they introduced the Ultravid but wanted to keep using the well known trinovid name.

Looking for a pair of 12x50 trinovid BN btw if anyone has a set.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warlord