Tripod Advice ?

rcdinaz

FNG
Currently using the Manfrotto 109 CF with the befree head modified to use and Arca plate. Very smooth but still a bit heavy.
For my next setup I am torn between an Outdoorsmans or the Sentinal Woodland, have to be able to stand. Probably would have bought the Sentinal but $1K is a tall order for a tripod.

I love my BogPod HD3 tripod. It doubles as my spotter tripod and my shooting rest. I could buy the bino adapter too if I wanted. I like tools that serve multi purposes. I used to carry a tripod for the spotter and a bipod for my gun so nice to eliminate one.

This^^^^

I have the CLD-3s which is the short model with a max height of 40". I have the scope adapter and find that it works very well at a fraction of the cost for a more conventional tripod and fluid head. I also have the bino adapter, though I don't carry it anymore. I can just lay my binos directly on the rifle rest and achieve a very stable platform. I find the whole system fast, simple and inexpensive. YMMV.

New Guy

FNG
I love my BogPod HD3 tripod. It doubles as my spotter tripod and my shooting rest. I could buy the bino adapter too if I wanted. I like tools that serve multi purposes. I used to carry a tripod for the spotter and a bipod for my gun so nice to eliminate one.
Are the legs removable from BogPods? Be handy to use them for a tarp, trekking poles, etc.

New Guy

FNG
I like the Outdoorsmans pan head very much. I use it with my optics and with the rifle rest to shoot from. I have a quick attach on both my tripods so I can use the same head on either tripod or with their window mount.

I had an Outdoorsmans compact medium tripod but ended up selling it. It was nice but I kept taking my Promaster 525 instead. I like the removeable leg feature of the Promaster, I use the leg and rest of the tripod on occasion to hold up my tarp. I have also used the leg as a trekking pole. Mine is the older, lighter version with only one removeable leg.

This summer I bought a Slikk 634 I think is going to get a lot of use also. On my summer scouting trip it looked like I will be glassing more standing this fall than usual. The 525 gets almost to standing height but I have to hunch over just a little. The Slikk has plenty of height for me to stand behind.
Are all legs removable from newer Promaster models?

mcseal2

WKR
I think so. Mine is older and has the single removable leg. I like it that way, I can still hold up 2 corners of a tarp or use one as a trekking pole. Usually I pack poles, but when I don’t having the tripod I can take apart is nice.

pirogue

WKR
Carbon leg tripods are quieter than metal leg tripods like Outdoorsmans.