Tripod and Head suggestions

Hookhunter75

Lil-Rokslider
I’m sure this has been covered a bunch but I am just looking for a few suggestions. I am relatively new to using a spotting scope and tripod. I do a lot of Eastern Whitetail hunting but have been doing more elk and mule deer hunting out west over the past 7 years. I was utilizing a Vortex 20-60x85 with there largest pro gr tripod.

Getting to the point. I am starting to get interested in more pack in style hunting trips. I am headed to BC for a month this coming September for Goat Moose and Mountain Caribou. I sold my vortex and switched to a Swarovski sts had 20-60x65. I need suggestions on tripod and head pairing that is quality but won’t break the bank. Looking to spend no more than 500 as I have a few other items to purchase to get ready for trip. I would like a tripod that is light to pack and is tall enough I can put a shooting yoke on if the situation would call for it. Any advice is greatly appreciated I am new to this

LaHunter

WKR
Call Doug at Camera Land. They are a RS sponsor. Check out the Promaster carbon fiber tripod with the Suiri VA-5 head. Really nice setup. This is what I use with my STS HD 65mm Swaro spotter

OP
Hookhunter75

Hookhunter75

Lil-Rokslider
Great thanks! I just looked at the pro master 525 XC-M 525 CK on their site the specs look like what I would be looking for. I’ll give him a shout

pc3

WKR
I dealt with Neil & Doug at camera land.....went with Promaster 525 and promaster cine 20 head deal. I asked about they sirui va5 and they suggested the cine 20 promaster head was a best value and told me it took an extra couple of ounces weight for a fair few $$ less.

The set up is extremely well made and compact. I am happy

OP
Hookhunter75

Hookhunter75

Lil-Rokslider
I dealt with Neil & Doug at camera land.....went with Promaster 525 and promaster cine 20 head deal. I asked about they sirui va5 and they suggested the cine 20 promaster head was a best value and told me it took an extra couple of ounces weight for a fair few $$ less.

The set up is extremely well made and compact. I am happy
Thanks I ended up going with the Promaster 525 and Suiri
Do you want to stand and look through your STS in the tripod?
I would like the option to if needed. Most of my glassing especially for this trip will be seated from a high vantage point.

Beckjhong

WKR
As a newer hunter, I finally fell for the numerous recommendations for Cameraland. Neil was super friendly and helpful—so here’s the millionth plug for them. They’re the real deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Travis2282

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks I ended up going with the Promaster 525 and Suiri

I would like the option to if needed. Most of my glassing especially for this trip will be seated from a high vantage point.
I really love my slik 634 and sirui VA-5 head. I can stand easy and look through my STS when needed. Ordered mine through S and S archery. Awesome guys to call and talk to. Great deals also!

Tanner W

Lil-Rokslider
Another vote for the slik 634, I love mine. It’s lightweight, packs small and I can stand to glass with it if I wanted (mostly use while sitting.) On top of the slik, I use the manfrotto be free head but, not very thrilled with the head. It’s ok, although in its price range there’s probably something better out there