Tripod and window mount?

Ethan-333

FNG
Hey all, just bought a vortex razor 27-60x85mm straight spotter ($650 too good of a deal to pass). I’m wanting to get a tripod and window mount for it. I’m mainly a Midwest whitetail hunter but have 4 points for elk and mule deer and antelope in Wyoming so plan on going out west the next few years and trying my hand out there. My question is what is the best route to go for a tripod and window mount? I’m leaning towards the vortex pro gt tripod because of the height and price lol (68” to my eye with boots). Should I just buy the vortex window mount for $50 on eBay and use that and just switch between the tripod when I use it? Will be doing a lot of glassing down back roads locally for whitetails with the window mount. What’s my best options here? Thanks In advance.

OP
Ethan-333

Ethan-333

FNG
Yeah I’ve seen that one recommended in other threads quite a bit. Also considering the promaster 525 carbon.

Window mounts are a must for a spotter used in a truck. They are relatively cheap and stable. I would not spend a fortune on a window mount but it would be good to have a window mount and tripod head that use the same adapter plates.
I would spend my money on a quality tripod and head.
I run outdoorsmans heads and adapters and incorporate quick release adapters into my tripods and window mounts. Very quick sturdy and simple system. I have quite a bit of coin in my gear but really really like it.

I bought a Promaster Carbon fiber tripod and unpgraded the head to the Promaster Spch20 . Took the head that came with the Tripod and put It on A Vortex window mount . The Promaster head that came on the tripod is a huge step up from what comes in the Vortex.

OP
Ethan-333

Ethan-333

FNG
Yeah I figured for 50 bucks the vortex window mount wouldn’t be the best. I think I’m gonna go with a neewer first and maybe a befree head, and see if I can’t catch a promaster on sale or in the classifieds later on