Tripod Carry Options

Rizzy

WKR
How is everyone attaching their tripod to their pack? Specifically KU packs?
I did a brief search and read mention of a Kifaru spotter carrier but didn't see anything on the website.

I started out using a long pocket and then switched over to just hanging it on the straps as shown in the pic. I am now thinking about some kind of cordura holster for the bottom of the legs to slip in. Has this already been done?

Lets see some pics

Attachments

• IMG_0456.JPG
    IMG_0456.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 84

alldt0

FNG
Ron
I use KU water bottle holder on the side attach point. I put bottom of tripod in the water bottle holder and run the top up through the straps like you are doing.

Ted

luke moffat

Super Moderator
My spotter will live in a KU Long pocket but the tripod usually rides like you have shown in the pic except I to two legs inside the strap and one over on the outside, just seems to keep it a bit more secure for going through the brush/alders.

OP
Rizzy

Rizzy

WKR
Is abrasion a concern for anyone? I don't think it will ever be a problem, but an once of prevention......

luke moffat

Super Moderator
I run a relatively cheaper aluminum tripod so abrasion isn't of much concern for me. If I had a Gitzo that costs 3X the price I might baby it a bit more I guess.

OP
Rizzy

Rizzy

WKR
I'm running the outdoorsman, its smooth, but still. I was actually worrying more about the pack over the long term.