Tripod head handle shortening

What has everybody done to shorten their tripod head handles on their video or fluid heads? I have both a Sirui VA5 and a Slik SVH501 that I'm wanting to shorten as they both come too long for my liking.

JDB9818

WKR
I have done this before on a head with an aluminum handle. I was able to pull the rubber grip off the handle and I just shortened it a few inches using a hack saw. Put the rubber grip material back on after smoothing the edges and you couldn't even tell that the handle was shorter.

roughnecknine0

Lil-Rokslider
+1 to @JDB9818's recommendation on just chopping it. My buddy did that for his custom VA-5 window mount and it looks great.

This is probably the thread @BBob was mentioning. I remember after seeing this I was able to find "carbon fiber" tubes of the right size on Aliexpress for super cheap and then it's just a matter of cutting to the length you want and swapping over the rubber cap and metal "head" that attaches to the tripod.

warrbuk

WKR
I used a plumbers copper tubing cutter, super clean cut. I hacksaw will suffice also with some work from a file to clean up the end.

Done both a benro s2 and a va-5. Twist the grip to break it loose, then slide it off. Cut it down with a hacksaw, clean up the burrs, and slide the grip back over it.

Tahoe1305

WKR
I’m selling CF ones that fit perfect for $25 shipping if you want one. I’ll cut to whatever link you desire.