Tripod/Head Recs Multi Use

DRD

FNG
Looking for recommendations for a tripod/head/shooting platform. A lot of new stuff out and trying to sort thru it all.

Will be a daypack style hunt so light tripod setup and head that I can attach my 65mm Swarovski that has an ARCA Swiss foot on it, run Binos and also be able to use the ARCA Swiss plate already on my rifle stock in the event I need more height versus my bipod.

i have the Siriu Va-5 head, but my Swaro scope doesn’t fit in the head even though they are both supposedly ARCA. So all ARCA apparently is not the same.

Any light day pack recommendation also that would hold this setup being tripod, 65mm spotter, and binos when not on my chest, rangefinder and days worth of food.

Thanks

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Hey, looks like you didn't get an answer. If you are still interested, I will get some answers for you.

Hi
You have to be doing something wrong. There is a knob on the side of that head that pulls out. Try that, make the adjustment and then the scope will fit on the head. It's a common error as the instruction book is not clear about that knob
Call me with any questions

cjoe7

FNG
No. DRD is correct. Not all "ARCA Swiss" are the same. Some Asian ARCA plates have more or less angle. So the fit is not exact. True ARCA standard is supported by top brands like Acratech, RRS, Gitzo, ...etc. Sirui makes some really great gear that fully support ARCA Swiss standards but they also make some lower end crap too.

All of my photographic gear uses true ARCA plates and are fully interchangeable with all my heads including Sirui. I never previously experienced incompatibility before. Recently, I purchased some cheaper 2nd tier stuff from Amazon and encountered the same fitment issues.