Tripod help

CArcher

FNG
I've been looking into getting a tripod for a bit now that I have upgraded my binos. Outdoorsmans is obviously the top of line option and the way to go but I just can't swing that much cash for that right now after purchasing Swaro ELs. I've cruised through some of the past tripod threads on here and those have me leaning in the SLIK direction (due to price/quality/weight), but do I get a Pro or Sprint Pro? Right now I am just working with the EL 10x42 but will be purchasing a spotter or some 15x binos in the relative near future. My buddy also has a vortex razor 20-60x85 which I will have access to throughout the hunting season. So i guess my question is which SLIK tripod will give me the most versatility when it comes to how much weight it will hold before toppling over, and also keeping its weight to a minimum. Thanks for any input.

mcseal2

WKR
I'd look at the Promaster 525 carbon fiber also with their 6160 head. Cameraland might have some demos at times. I have an Outdoorsmans compact medium and the Promaster, still use it when I want more height. It's a really nice tripod and I like that you can unscrew a leg and use it as a trekking pole when needed.

S&S Archery gives Rokslide a discount and carries them too. I have no idea who has them cheaper now, got mine several years ago.

Pro953

WKR
I just went trough this purchase and between the Promaster and Slik S&S with the Rokslide promo
code and free shipping was the best deal I could find other than buying used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flashgordon

Lil-Rokslider
Slik 634 and a Benro S2 head from S@S!!! Light, sturdy, quiet, smooth and tall enough to glass standing. I use it 5 or so days per week while scouting, hiking behind the house checking cams and also in the evening glassing elk from the deck. S@S has been great to deal with as well!

jr87mustang

Lil-Rokslider
I went with the 634 over the Promaster because of height. If I want to I am able to glass standing full height and not bending over. I am only 6' tall and looking at the Promaster measurements and talking to people on here that owned one found out that it was going to be too short. Not sure why someone would want to pay twice as much for an Outdoorsman to get the privilege of carrying around an extra pound in weight for an aluminum tripod. I went from aluminum to carbon and won't go back. I have not ran across a comparison between the Slik/Promaster vs. Outdoorsman so maybe there is a reason, maybe others can chime in that have had both. That being said I would love a Outdoorsman Micro Pan, save a little weight with it.

This spring I was glassing in some really steep cliffs. THE 634 was nice to use with the longer legs to compensate for the steep angle of the cliff I was glassing from. WHILE seated I never used the center post and was using a swaro sts 80. VERY srudy and user friendly.