Tripod Mounted Rifle Clamp/Rest Recommendations?

skywalkr

Lil-Rokslider
Kopfjager Industries Reaper Rest. They're usually out of stock though.

I just got one of these with the Night Goggles ball head and carbon tripod. Haven’t got to use it in the field yet, hopefully soon, but it seems really solid and built like a tank.

RBHunter

WKR
Sand paper blocks. I rubbed them against themselves to get rid of the main grit so they did not scratch the stock. Then split them in half and glued them on

Manfrotto/Monfrotto fluid head/Hog saddle. Primarily used for Swaro spotter but made the attachment for saddle on camera rail.
20160919_123148.jpg

I've got the triclawps and it's ok. I've been considering the Sentinel tripod from Spartan. I use the Javalina bipod on lightweight hunting rifles and really like it.

leebr10

FNG
Used a Pig Saddle for a while. Very versatile but also heavy. The twist to lock and unlock was also not as convenient as say a lever design. If you want maximum stability and are willing to tradeoff on weight and cost, hard to beat a RRS dovetail head. If you are willing to compromise a bit and have rifles with pic rails on the bottom, I have found an ADM lever clamp with a simple leveling base works very well too.

Bzn_Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Hello,
I am looking for a rifle clamp system to go on my tripod for standing shots over brush both for hunting and target shooting. I have looked at the Hog Saddle and TriClawps setups, but wanted to see if anyone has any other ideas. I like the screw down type clamps for a more positive hold rather than the spring tension varieties out there. Any likes dislikes about either of those or the setup you are using? I had also thought about the Magpul Mlok attachment right to my manfrotto head, but would have to add an MLok rail to all my rifles which doesn't help.

Thanks

Really like the stuff from field optics research. I have their new flat top/arca swiss plate and it's working out great. It has a built-in picatinny rail slot, so if you put a small section of pic rail on your rifle, you can mount it directly. No need for a heavy saddle/clamp system. I just shot a local match with it and it worked perfectly.