Tripod question

Badseed

WKR
I am looking to pick up my first tripod to use with an ares 65 spotter. I dont want to spend a fortune but I am hoping I can get a decent tripod and head for under $200 or less ideally. After looking around a but it seems that my best option is some variation of promaster, sirui or slik. Can someone help point me in right direction for a tripod and head unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Are you going to be packing this?

I have been happy with my Sirui T-025x with C-10 ball head. Depending on what you want to use it for, it may be too small. It is great for what it is, but a larger or more expensive tripod would give more stability.

The Sirui ball head is great, it has good tension control and is smooth. For your price point, my experience says Sirui is a good option.

This looks to be the current version of my tripod. https://store.sirui.com/products/si...2Elut7mUQ6ubk5cEVBeJlANavPNowNsgaAnzeEALw_wcB

OP
Badseed

Badseed

WKR
I will be packing it a little bit so weight is a consideration but I could probably shave weight somewhere else if I felt like I needed it.

Dschwan

WKR
I have also been happy with my Sirui T-025x. Give Camerland a call and let them know you are a forum member and they will treat you right.

OP
Badseed

Badseed

WKR
Thanks. I am leaning towards the sirui va-5 for the head and still open on the tripod. Gohunt has a pretty good package for sale but many people have suggested I talk with Joel at cameraland before buying something. Guess I have to wait until next week.