Tripod recommendation for Binos only

I’m looking for a recommendation for a tripod and head that will only ever be used with my 10x42s on backpack style hunts in Colorado. With my style of hunting I have no need for a spotter or higher magnification. Most of the posts I’ve found seem geared toward a tripod for a spotter that also gets used with binos.

Cliffy12

WKR
I think there was a slik for sale in the classifieds bro.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

mt100gr.

WKR
I have been really impressed with the sirui T024x. Zero complaints with binoculars and stout enough for some limited heavy spotter duty.

Look into the KDC granite peak. Crazy light 6oz or and works well with binos. If you want a real tripod any of those mentioned, or if you want cheaper, promaster XC 522. I modified mine for sitting height only and put a different head on it and got it sub 2lbs pretty easily and for much less than a suriu or slik.

I agree, the Promaster XC525C that was $299.99 is on special while they last for $199.99, you can also go with the new XC-M series. The 522 folds smaller and goes to 53" and the XC-M525 goes to 70" and folds slightly smaller the the XC525C.
Give me a call to discuss the options
I am here today until 5:00 and during the week from 9-6

Rich M

WKR
I plan on carrying a Primos Trigger stick tripod for shooting off of this year - will use that for my optics as well.

Baron85

WKR
Why would one choose the newer xc-m525 over the older XC promaster? I see the XC-M goes higher but if it's for classing while sitting which is better?

Frank Grimes

Lil-Rokslider
I use a monfrotto be free tripod with the be free fluid head. Works great for my binos, and can hold a 65mm spotter. Got it on sale too.

Desert Dan

Lil-Rokslider
Another vote for the ProMaster XC525. Picked mine up from CameraLand last offseason and love it. I put the Outdoorsmans pistol grip and panner attachment on it for my 12x50s and couldn't be happier with the setup.

tdhanses

WKR
I’d seriously consider a KDC granite peak.

KDC in the middle, Kowa 553 and Slik 624 on either side.
7B44AEC9-CAD2-45F0-B206-4753546AB184.jpeg

Last edited:
The new series has better twists that hold the legs in place, better built heads (metal where there used to be plastic), option to change to all terrain feet.
Give me a call during the week from 9-5:30 at 516-217-1000

WoolyBugger

Lil-Rokslider
The promaster that is on sale.. how is the head on it, good to go? Or do you throw a different one on it?

The head is a VERY good ball head, Arca Swiss. At this price it's a steal. If you don't like it you can return it. We are easy. Plus it comes with a lifetime no fault warranty

The ballhead that came with my promaster xc522 is great. I decided I didnt need a panhead after using it for a bit.

Why would one choose the newer xc-m525 over the older XC promaster? I see the XC-M goes higher but if it's for classing while sitting which is better?

Find S&S archery’s review on here about the new XC-m. They bring up some valid compromises about the new tripod that might help you decide if the latest and greatest is actually the greatest for you. I purchased the older version recently when camera land had the special including the additional pan head. I should have waited and don’t really have a need for the additional, heavy pan head. I plan to use the tripod while sitting and have removed the bottom two sections and put plastic caps from Lowe’s over the threads. They may not be all terrain feet but they are working just fine on the slopes, rocks and hard surfaces I have tested. Plus I can add the two sections back if I want a standing tripod. Saved 6 ounces which is a plus for the backpacker in me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk