Tripod Reviews/Suggestions?

sndmn11

WKR
The Promaster we have that just went down to $149.99 from $279.99 becuase of the Instant Rebate blows the Slik away.
We have limited stock. Once they go that's it as it was a limited edition. It also comes with a great head that holds 17.5 lbs and a 1 year NO FAULT warranty
Check it out

Shop Online | Camera Land NY

What is the difference between this and the XC525C? Maintenance | Camera Land NY[name]=ProMaster-Professional-XC525C-Carbon-Tripod---Black-%233480-525c&catalog[product_guids][0]=1085621

I've been using the hell out of a Vanguard for a few years. It's not their carbon model but is still fairly light (just over a pound I think). It's got the flip/clamp style leg adjustments which I like, and the price is right. I also realize it's probably the 'Diamondbacks' of the tripod world, but it's been super durable for me and has logged hundreds of miles strapped to my pack. The adjustments are solid and it wont break bumping against rocks or falling down the mountain. Mine is just a hair too short to use standing completely upright on flat ground, so if I were to get another I'd get the slightly taller model (I think mine is 61" max height)

stratofisher

Lil-Rokslider
Just ordered up the ET 1204 from cameraland based on recommendations. As long as it is high enough to sit and glass I should be fine. Standing just isn't real stable for me. Can't wait to get the flip locks vs the twisters.

OP
marktole

marktole

WKR
Just ordered up the ET 1204 from cameraland based on recommendations. As long as it is high enough to sit and glass I should be fine. Standing just isn't real stable for me. Can't wait to get the flip locks vs the twisters.

Make sure and give us a review of it when you get it!

Tracker, all of the above. Only have 3 left and then they are gone forever. It was a limited edition piece. It is stronger, better built holds up to 17 lbs, folds smaller and has a 1 year no fault warranty.
We always have the XC525C, a little heavier duty, slightly larger and $249.99, instead of $299.99

stratofisher

Lil-Rokslider
Make sure and give us a review of it when you get it!

Got the tripod in and it is pretty nice. Very solid for being so light. Put my Meopta 82mm on it and no issues. Still using the Benro head I had before. Seams like a very big improvement from the ultralight travel angel. Haven’t had it in the field yet, but backyard checkout is very positive.