Tripod/Shooting Sticks hack

In the spirit of multi-use equipment, I was looking at the tripod AND BogPod that I hauled around on hunts. Then it dawned on me that they are basically one in the same, with the tripod being much better for glassing off of. As luck would have it, the yoke on the BogPod is held in place with a 1/4" x 20 bolt. Same as the adapter plate for a tripod. I just attached the yoke to an extra quick release mount and now I can switch out between glassing tripod and shooting rest. Maybe somebody on here has done this before, but I felt pretty good about myself! :LOL:111.jpg
222.jpg

bsnedeker

WKR
In the spirit of multi-use equipment, I was looking at the tripod AND BogPod that I hauled around on hunts. Then it dawned on me that they are basically one in the same, with the tripod being much better for glassing off of. As luck would have it, the yoke on the BogPod is held in place with a 1/4" x 20 bolt. Same as the adapter plate for a tripod. I just attached the yoke to an extra quick release mount and now I can switch out between glassing tripod and shooting rest. Maybe somebody on here has done this before, but I felt pretty good about myself! :LOL:View attachment 290358
View attachment 290359
I did that for a while...then I just bolted a quick adapter plate directly to my rifle stock. Now I can just slide it on and the tripod holds it rock steady.