Tripods?

swat8888

WKR
Anyone selling a Slik Sprint Mini II? Damn things are out of stock everywhere with no estimated ship date. Just pulled out my old Slik and one of the legs broke off....need a new one relatively quickly. Thanks

Just got my Rocketfish tripod in today! Its the 47" Carbon fiber model with Ball head. Thing appears to be unbelievable value for $45 shipped to my door. This combined with my Vortex Viper 65HD straight spotter comes in dead on at 6 lbs 8 oz. Was just out using them in wind gusts of 25-30 mph and the thing is rock steady, zero slop in the ball head as well. Overall I'm impressed.

One thing I will mention however, is that the advertised weight on Rocketfish's site for tripod is 2.9 lbs. The actual weight with the ball head it comes with is 2 lbs 15 oz. That extra 6-7 oz may be coming from the ball head, but they advertise it as coming with the head so I thought the advertised weight would include the head. I guess its ONLY 6 ounces, but they do add up.

Mike

dotman

WKR
Mike, I think the 2.9 listed is on a 10 scale meaning after 2.9 you get 3. I don't think they mean 2lbs 9oz.

Anyone selling a Slik Sprint Mini II? Damn things are out of stock everywhere with no estimated ship date. Just pulled out my old Slik and one of the legs broke off....need a new one relatively quickly. Thanks

That is what I use and I love mine... Not very expensive, lightweight, perfect for glassing from a sitting position or standing for me (I'm only 5"9), steady, durable and it holds the 80mm very well. I am thinking about buying another one as a backup.

At first I didn't like the ball head, but now with over a year of use on it I am used to it and it's no longer an issue. The added weight for another style head is not worth it to me... yet...