Tripods

Tourguide

Lil-Rokslider
Looking to possibly upgrade my Manfrotto befree tripod, use with meopta 18x binos, whats a good lighter weight, less clunky tripod? I find myself liking the bigger binos vs a spotter, just need a good foundation to mount them on

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Lots out there.

What sort of features do you want?
Will you shoot off of it?
How tall are you?
What type of head?

Balance the weight rating, as high as you can get with the total weight of the tripod.

You can call Doug at Cameraland. He has some good stuff and gives good discounts.

OP
T

Tourguide

Lil-Rokslider
Lots out there.

What sort of features do you want?
Will you shoot off of it?
How tall are you?
What type of head?

Balance the weight rating, as high as you can get with the total weight of the tripod.

You can call Doug at Cameraland. He has some good stuff and gives good discounts.
I'm 6' prefer to glass from sitting or kneeling, but not standing up. Having one I can quick swap head to shoot off would be nice, then I wouldn't have to carry sticks too. I have and like the fluid head, but the one I have has a handle that's about 6 inches long, and I would like shorter there. Never tried a pistol grip head, not sure how good that would be. Not sure if lightweight and sturdy go together in the tripod world, but I'd sacrifice weight for being sturdier in the wind

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Pistol grip are bad for shooting.
Pan head OK.
Ball head best for shooting, get a decent one, able to carry weight.

ARCA Swiss style is becoming universal choice for shooting and hunting.

I would go only as tall as you need for sitting. If you can avoid a center column, it is better for shooting. But, center column are nicer for glassing.

You can get really solid tripods in Carbon Fiber with no center column.

What's the budget?

OP
T

Tourguide

Lil-Rokslider
Pistol grip are bad for shooting.
Pan head OK.
Ball head best for shooting, get a decent one, able to carry weight.

ARCA Swiss style is becoming universal choice for shooting and hunting.

I would go only as tall as you need for sitting. If you can avoid a center column, it is better for shooting. But, center column are nicer for glassing.

You can get really solid tripods in Carbon Fiber with no center column.

What's the budget?
My budget is buy once cry once. I'd rather spend the money on something that operates smoothly and is built to last. And yes I agree, a real short center post is good for me, the higher you run that up the more unstable you get

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Look at the RRS in the SOAR section for buy once cry once. Nothing better.

Feisol is a good in betweener that is solid.