Trophy of a lifetime......

What are the three continents that you've hunted them?

I assume North America, Europe, and Australia?

LostArra

WKR
That's a whopper!
What are your meat plans for a pig that size? The big ones around here (I've never seen one that big locally) don't usually get eaten except by coyotes. Poor meat quality is given as a reason but could be just an excuse when a front end loader is not available. I've only butchered the sub 100 pounders.

OP
robtattoo

robtattoo

WKR
That's a whopper!
What are your meat plans for a pig that size? The big ones around here (I've never seen one that big locally) don't usually get eaten except by coyotes. Poor meat quality is given as a reason but could be just an excuse when a front end loader is not available. I've only butchered the sub 100 pounders.

I'm going to butcher her today, but i'm planning on cutting her like I would a domestic hog.
Her meat smells good enough. There's no rank smell. I'll fry up a small piece of tenderloin before I start cutting though. The biggest pig I've butchered was 260lb & it took me the better part of a day to get through it all!

Moserkr

WKR
Wow. And for a sow that is huge!! Buddy and I saw a monster boar in coalinga CA and I always wondered how big he was. From a half mile away i could see him clear as day, the curve of his belly above the grass, in a clearing. When we walked through the clearing the grass was knee high on us... if your sow was 400+, Id wager he was 500+ easy. I know even seeing wild pigs that big is rare. Congrats on shooting her! Thats a ton of good meat!!

22lr

WKR
Well done! Thats a hog!

Standing by for a report on the meat, curious as well. But either way, dang, thats a big hog!

That’s a hell of a pig!! Hopefully she eats well. I killed a sow that went right at 375 and she wasn’t too good. Man I love hog hunting!