Trophy wall ideas

Elite

WKR
Hey everyone,

So I am currently remodelling a basement in a house I just bought and looking for ideas on how to design a trophy wall. I was thinking about doing a big feature wall that has barnwood attached to it and put all the mounts on it. I am also trying to find a nice cozy colour to paint the basement so post up some of your trophy rooms/walls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Elite

Elite

WKR
Let’s see who has the best trophy room then

OP
Elite

Elite

WKR
This is not a best trophy room. Did use beetle kill pine on my walls and liked the look in my basement.

I really like the wood paneling, Did you just finishing nails to attach the wood? Where were you able to find it?

WKR
I'd just do a search in your area for beetle killed pine paneling. I had to hand sand all of these to knock down the sawmill marks. Easy though since it is a softwood. Then put on a coat of clear sealer, knocked off the whiskers that popped up and hit it with another coat. And yes you use finish nails inside the tongue and groove so no nails visible. It is full of holes from the beetles so drilling more holes for heads is no big deal. If you need to move a head the hole that is left looks like a beetle hole.

I did see someone stain this same type stuff with a bluish grey stain. It was very attractive also. If you go this route, measure what you need, add 15-20% to the amount to account for spoilage, warpage, cracks, etc. You'll be good.

c8ea201ec4c6a6fe65ba4e649d85f468.jpg

Catchfish

WKR
B Reynolds’s I’ve always enjoyed your wall decorations, care to pm the locations for me to complete this project. I don’t need help with the wood just the parts hanging off the wood.

WKR
That looks really nice. Pallet wood with just a variety of wood stains I guess?

I think he was referring to the actual trophies

In hindsight, you're probably right!

On subject, I am experimenting with this right now for a couple bucks I've killed in burns. Took some pallet wood, hit it with 220>120>80 grit, then ran the propane torch over the top for varying lengths of time and put a clear coat on top.

Some turned out pretty good, gives them a nice pop and a bleached skull looks great in front of them.

Attachments

• IMG_8934.jpeg
    IMG_8934.jpeg
    413.1 KB · Views: 61
OP
Elite

Elite

WKR
In hindsight, you're probably right!

On subject, I am experimenting with this right now for a couple bucks I've killed in burns. Took some pallet wood, hit it with 220>120>80 grit, then ran the propane torch over the top for varying lengths of time and put a clear coat on top.

Some turned out pretty good, gives them a nice pop and a bleached skull looks great in front of them.

That actually looks really good! Would be neat to see a entire wall with the burnt wood look