Trout Tacos in the Backcountry

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just returned from almost two weeks backpacking, scouting, fishing and looking for bears. Didn't come home with any meat, but we caught tons of lake trout on our pack able fishing rods. Our last night out I made trout tacos for dinner...

Here is a little video Luke put together, enjoy episode one of "Backcountry Cooking with Becca Moffat" :)

[video=vimeo;45179667]http://vimeo.com/45179667[/video]

BuckSnort

WKR
Pretty cool Becca..I have cooked many trout in foil while in the backcountry but never thought about making fish tacos, may have to give it a try sometime...

That was awesome. :cool:Bet it was Luke's idea.....one smart bugger there. Hey Honey lets make a cooking video I'll film you cook.:p You stated I will only put a little Cayenne in the fish because of Luke, wow that looked like alot.....also a minimal "heat" spice guy here. THX

OP
Becca

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
That was awesome. :cool:Bet it was Luke's idea.....one smart bugger there. Hey Honey lets make a cooking video I'll film you cook.:p You stated I will only put a little Cayenne in the fish because of Luke, wow that looked like alot.....also a minimal "heat" spice guy here. THX

Glad you enjoyed the video Rick. I think what you saw me shaking was the paprika....I added just enough cayenne for a little kick, and he didn't complain so it must have been ok :) I suggested the tacos and Luke suggested the video idea....he isn't very creative in the kitchen, but makes up for it by planning awesome trips and then creating awesome videos when we get home. Guess we make a good team, think I will keep him :)