TRT Anyone?

Aluminum Rain

Lil-Rokslider
The problem I've seen with this 300 to 1000 range is they keep adjusting it.
I believe prior to 2012 the range was 500-1300
So they keep lowering it to the individuals bring studied.
So the next new normal mite be 150-750

I don't want to be at the bottom of current society, I want to be in the middle/top of ancestral society.
Agreed. In my short time on trt I've seen low ranges of 300 to 270 to 240. It doesnt matter, all those suck. I believe much of it is driven by insurance companies.

Aluminum Rain

Lil-Rokslider
I just met with my urologist and I went from 165 total Test with 5.8 free test to 253 and 10.8 free test on my two blood work tests since we met last. Because my LH, FSH, TSH and my Free testosterone all fall within what is considered normal ranges on the most recent lab work he wants to hold off on prescribing TRT.

He feels if I continue working out and losing weight I will most likely fall within normal ranges within the next 3 months. If on my next visit in 3 months I am not any better then we will most likely be going on TRT.

On one hand it sucks because I want to feel better now but on the other I understand where he is coming from if most of the related numbers went from below normal and are in the normal ranges now and up significantly in the last month it makes sense to see what I can do naturally.
If you couldve doubled from 250 to 500, I'd say you were onto something worth waiting for, but 165 to 253 was just normal crappy fluctuation for me pre- trt. I had a half dozen tests up and down in that range over 2 yrs before taking the jump.

Agreed. In my short time on trt I've seen low ranges of 300 to 270 to 240. It doesnt matter, all those suck. I believe much of it is driven by insurance companies.

That’s a fact. If it wasn’t for the insurance companies I am confident I would have been prescribed the TRT today.

A month before seeing him my cardiologist had blood test and it said total test 209. The urologist told me the insurance company wouldn’t approve it because my test showed my blood was drawn at 10:14 am. He said at 9:59 it would have been fine. After 10 they say it’s too late.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JimGa

Lil-Rokslider
You don't need an insurance providers approval if you pay for it. You can't get 10ml for around 100 dollars. Insurance won't pay for Armour or Naturethroid either and pay for it myself.

Aluminum Rain

Lil-Rokslider
You don't need an insurance providers approval if you pay for it. You can't get 10ml for around 100 dollars. Insurance won't pay for Armour or Naturethroid either and pay for it myself.
Have you taken synthroid or levothyroxine? If so has the armour worked better?

JimGa

Lil-Rokslider
I won't take either of those, they are synthetic T4 drugs. Armour and Naturethroid are dessicated pig thyroid and have T1-4. Many people have difficulty converting T4 to T3, so a T4 only synthetic med is not ideal IMO. Any dic not checking Ft3 and rt3 doesn't know what they are doing. TSH is all most normal docs look at as a gold standard. TSH will not show if you are converting to T3, which extremely important to feeling well.

I understand that if I pay for it myself out of pocket then I don't need approval by insurance. My urologist feels that my insurance would cover it and if that's the case I might as well get something for my $30k premium a year for my family. But what he was referring to is that the later in the day the lower your test level. So he said my insurance company and most others have a hard cut off before 10 am for the drawing of blood when your test levels are part of the blood work for possible TRT.

OP
Idaho4x4Bronco
Anyone willing to take a pic of where they're injecting in the thigh/quad? I've only ever done shoulders but would like to switch

Batch

FNG
Last two labs had my testosterone levels at 110 and 133. Going to start TRT soon.
What do you guys prefer injections or cream.?

Aluminum Rain

Lil-Rokslider
I was unable to get the gel to move my numbers upward more than 50 pts or so. After 6 months my doc switched me to injections and that moved the numbers immediately. Rubbing gel on was less intrusive but also tedious every day.

JimGa

Lil-Rokslider
Most preferred is to inject. Creams are expensive and usually cause bigger spikes in Estradiol.

Bubdog

FNG
I had testicular cancer (removed my left testicle in 2004). In 2010 I had my T-level taken when my wife and I were trying to have kids and it was 216. I just had mine taken again and it was at 360. I am 43 years old and for the last two and a half years I have been extremely disciplined on eating clean and I have been doing heavy compound lifting 3x week. I lost close to 30 pounds and have gotten stronger but really haven't put on any muscle.

In 2010 the doctor I was seeing told me that I was too young to start TRT. Over the last few years I have noticed that my temper has become much worse and I have been irritable towards most everyone with the exclusion of my son and wife. I also feel like I have problems focusing sometimes I have just seen a holistic doctor that would like to get my levels between 700-800. I hope this helps me become a more joyful person.

BadDogPSD

WKR
Last two labs had my testosterone levels at 110 and 133. Going to start TRT soon.
What do you guys prefer injections or cream.?
Injections! It's really easy and painless (most of the time). I tried creams at first and they didn't seem to work. And as others mentioned, you shouldn't let others come in contact with the area you've applied the cream.

Had my follow up with Spokane Vitality Center yesterday after paying $189. They confirmed what my bloodwork showed, low numbers that explained nearly all of my symptoms.

Doctor prescribed Clomiphene* Citrate to start at 25mg per day for two months. After two months we will run bloodwork again and go over the results.

Opted for a pill form with less risk of fertility issues as my wife and I may want another child in the near future. Should these not raise my numbers as well as reduce most of my symptoms, we will explore an injectable option.

Curious to see how this works.

OP
Idaho4x4Bronco
Had my follow up with Spokane Vitality Center yesterday after paying $189. They confirmed what my bloodwork showed, low numbers that explained nearly all of my symptoms.

Doctor prescribed Clomiphene* Citrate to start at 25mg per day for two months. After two months we will run bloodwork again and go over the results.

Opted for a pill form with less risk of fertility issues as my wife and I may want another child in the near future. Should these not raise my numbers as well as reduce most of my symptoms, we will explore an injectable option.

Curious to see how this works.
How was the service there and was that 189$ without insurance or?

25mg a day is a pretty low dose of clomid, interesting that they went that route. I'm not sure why they would do that if you've been low for a while?

How was the service there and was that 189$ without insurance or?

25mg a day is a pretty low dose of clomid, interesting that they went that route. I'm not sure why they would do that if you've been low for a while?
The service so far has been great. They do not accept insurance, nor was the Clomid approved through insurance. The Clomid will cost me an additional $33 for a three month supply.

Their services run $189 for the initial patient visit and then $83 per month after which covers prescriptions and follow up lab work. The initial visit was via video call though I could probably have gone in in person.

My understanding is the 25mg/day for the initial two months is to establish some sort of baseline and to lower the chances of a spike in estrogen production as the Clomid works to help your body generate T as well as reduce the risk of side effects. If the numbers don't increase significantly after the first two months we will start on 50mg/day and reevaluate again.