TRT Anyone?

OP
Idaho4x4Bronco
The service so far has been great. They do not accept insurance, nor was the Clomid approved through insurance. The Clomid will cost me an additional $33 for a three month supply.

Their services run $189 for the initial patient visit and then $83 per month after which covers prescriptions and follow up lab work. The initial visit was via video call though I could probably have gone in in person.

My understanding is the 25mg/day for the initial two months is to establish some sort of baseline and to lower the chances of a spike in estrogen production as the Clomid works to help your body generate T as well as reduce the risk of side effects. If the numbers don't increase significantly after the first two months we will start on 50mg/day and reevaluate again.
Ahhh, that makes sense. That's too bad about the insurance, I was going to call them in the CDA location after my insurance card comes in. Thanks for posting man.

Ahhh, that makes sense. That's too bad about the insurance, I was going to call them in the CDA location after my insurance card comes in. Thanks for posting man.
For what its worth, they seem to be the least expensive in the area for the services they provide. I had hoped they would take insurance as well, but most local places don't seem to.

OP
Idaho4x4Bronco
For what its worth, they seem to be the least expensive in the area for the services they provide. I had hoped they would take insurance as well, but most local places don't seem to.
Yeah, I had heard very good reviews on them as well.

This was very informative to listen to, skip first 15 mins.

*zap*

WKR
trt may be a big $ industry, how do you now what to believe and what is just to sell product/services?

OP
Idaho4x4Bronco
trt may be a big $ industry, how do you now what to believe and what is just to sell product/services?
I don't think it's actually a very big money maker compared to other practices from what I have read, but the *normal levels* are complete nonsense IMO, and I have every symptom, plus a couple that are too embarrassing to mention.

I scheduled my consultation for Monday, it's not cheap getting in the door and if approved, looks to be around 80.00/month.

ANY PRICE within my ability to pay is worth paying for me.

DLP

FNG
Sounds like I have it pretty good with my dr. After I initially started on try and got my dosage in a good spot for me it is pretty inexpensive. I get bloodwork every 6 months which costs $90 and a prescription for 10ml vials with enough refills to last 6 months. Usually any other meds I have needed due to any other hormone levels my dr will write a script for them too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Idaho4x4Bronco
Sounds like I have it pretty good with my dr. After I initially started on try and got my dosage in a good spot for me it is pretty inexpensive. I get bloodwork every 6 months which costs $90 and a prescription for 10ml vials with enough refills to last 6 months. Usually any other meds I have needed due to any other hormone levels my dr will write a script for them too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Without scrolling back through (at work rn), are you taking HCG? If they approve me I'll most likely try to get on HCG. Just curious.

vectordawg

Lil-Rokslider
I initially went to my urologist to see if my fatigue and lack of interest in anything could be low T. They drew blood and he gave me a shot and said, "let's just see how one dose does". He told me I wouldn't notice it for at least four or five days. Two days after that initial injection my wife commented that I was working "like a crackhead"! I went back four weeks later and got another shot. When I went to get my third shot they told me my numbers fall in the "normal" range and insurance won't pay for it. Self pay is $102 a shot. I talked to a coworker whose wife is a nurse for a urologist and I asked him to find out if I had any other options. She said get a paper prescription and use Good Rx at the pharmacy. That $102 shot became a much more affordable $18.

I have a question for you guys that have been on it a while. Has the TRT made "finishing" difficult?

OP
Idaho4x4Bronco
I initially went to my urologist to see if my fatigue and lack of interest in anything could be low T. They drew blood and he gave me a shot and said, "let's just see how one dose does". He told me I wouldn't notice it for at least four or five days. Two days after that initial injection my wife commented that I was working "like a crackhead"! I went back four weeks later and got another shot. When I went to get my third shot they told me my numbers fall in the "normal" range and insurance won't pay for it. Self pay is $102 a shot. I talked to a coworker whose wife is a nurse for a urologist and I asked him to find out if I had any other options. She said get a paper prescription and use Good Rx at the pharmacy. That $102 shot became a much more affordable $18.

I have a question for you guys that have been on it a while. Has the TRT made "finishing" difficult?
Are you refering to shooting blanks?

Aluminum Rain

Lil-Rokslider

Yes more difficult and the volume can be less at times.

vectordawg

Lil-Rokslider
Lol, how long have you been on it? Did they give you HCG or are you taking pure testosterone only?
My first shot was late February then another 4 weeks later. It was then they said insurance wouldn’t pay and it took me until late last month to find out about Good RX. Long way of saying 3 injections. Cypionate. 2mg, I think.

OP
Idaho4x4Bronco
My first shot was late February then another 4 weeks later. It was then they said insurance wouldn’t pay and it took me until late last month to find out about Good RX. Long way of saying 3 injections. Cypionate. 2mg, I think.
From my understanding, HCG helps with that but I can't say from my own experience yet, that's just what I gathered so far. Actually be interesting to hear what others say before my consultation on that.
How often are your injections now? Surely not that far apart now that you know it's working?

vectordawg

Lil-Rokslider
From my understanding, HCG helps with that but I can't say from my own experience yet, that's just what I gathered so far. Actually be interesting to hear what others say before my consultation on that.
How often are your injections now? Surely not that far apart now that you know it's working?
Every four weeks. I injected myself this week with the first of 6 doses the doctor prescribed. Before I got the script, I wasn’t sure I was willing to pay $102 every four weeks.
How long have you been on it?