TRT Anyone?

OP
Idaho4x4Bronco
Every four weeks. I injected myself this week with the first of 6 doses the doctor prescribed. Before I got the script, I wasn’t sure I was willing to pay $102 every four weeks.
How long have you been on it?
I'm not on it yet, but I can tell you anything longer then 1 injection per week is very unusual for test cyp. and I can only imagine you would feel a lot better then you currently do if you injected more often. Interested to see how it works out for you.

vectordawg

Lil-Rokslider
I'm not on it yet, but I can tell you anything longer then 1 injection per week is very unusual for test cyp. and I can only imagine you would feel a lot better then you currently do if you injected more often. Interested to see how it works out for you.
My script is 200 mg/ml. Inject 2ml intramuscular every 4 weeks. After reading through this thread I was wondering about that frequency too.
It comes in two bottles so wonder if I could do 1ml every two weeks. I guess I should talk to the nurse.

DLP

FNG

I do OK on 1 injection per week. 2 times a week is definitely better if you don’t mind injecting. I usually inject in my quads alternating legs with each injection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Idaho4x4Bronco
My script is 200 mg/ml. Inject 2ml intramuscular every 4 weeks. After reading through this thread I was wondering about that frequency too.
It comes in two bottles so wonder if I could do 1ml every two weeks. I guess I should talk to the nurse.
Yeah that's going to make your T levels fluctuate quite a bit. It peaks, then will start to drop, that's why it's better to do 1-2 per week at lower dosages. I'd speak to them. See the post right below yours as well.

They actually discuss frequency of injections quite a bit in the podcast episode I linked on the prev page.

Aluminum Rain

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah, that sounds like a huge roller coaster. I do 1ml every 14 days and that too is a bit of a roller coaster. I had my doc test me on day 3 and day 11 once for grins. Day 7 would be normal test day for me. Day 3 was 1100, day 11 was already back in the upper 300s. However Free T was still decent.

vectordawg

Lil-Rokslider
I do OK on 1 injection per week. 2 times a week is definitely better if you don’t mind injecting. I usually inject in my quads alternating legs with each injection.

What amount are those doses? I injected 2ml into my quad Sunday and it was unbelievably sore! The first two injections came from the nurse in my backside. It was really sore there too.

Reactions: DLP

vectordawg

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah, that sounds like a huge roller coaster. I do 1ml every 14 days and that too is a bit of a roller coaster. I had my doc test me on day 3 and day 11 once for grins. Day 7 would be normal test day for me. Day 3 was 1100, day 11 was already back in the upper 300s. However Free T was still decent.
What do you mean “day 7 would be normal test day”? Not 7 days after every shot, right?

DLP

FNG
What amount are those doses? I injected 2ml into my quad Sunday and it was unbelievably sore! The first two injections came from the nurse in my backside. It was really sore there too.

If injecting 2 times per week it is .5 ml I have done 1ml at a time too. I use a 1.5” 25 gauge needle though and I think that helps with the soreness. It just takes a little longer to inject (maybe 30 seconds). It also seems like the closer I get to the front of the quad the more soreness I will have and closer to the middle the less, just have to be aware of the nerve in that area. Usually I inject about where the end of my middle finger is when my arms are at rest while standing if that makes sense.

OP
Idaho4x4Bronco
You know it's real bad when the first consulation the Dr says things like "You should've started TRT 6 years ago and "You have the symptoms of a 80 year old man when you're 25"

Scheduling lab work now, quite the process to this but easy and the guys are easy to talk to.

Edit-Most likely doing lab work friday, I will keep this updated as results come in for those following along.

Last edited:

Aluminum Rain

Lil-Rokslider
So i go to the pharmacy today to get my script (2 ml) for the month. Usually they text me when its ready, which shouldve been last thursday for a weekend shot for my 14 day cycle. Without the text, I totally forgot. Pharm tech says i didnt get notified because my insurance needs doctor recertification. I said can i just buy it out right since I'm overdue? She said " sure it will actually be cheaper that way, its $30 with your copay but only $10.93 if you buy it outright". Unbelievable. It took 2 yrs for them to tell me that. My bad for not asking, i guess.

OP
Idaho4x4Bronco
So i go to the pharmacy today to get my script (2 ml) for the month. Usually they text me when its ready, which shouldve been last thursday for a weekend shot for my 14 day cycle. Without the text, I totally forgot. Pharm tech says i didnt get notified because my insurance needs doctor recertification. I said can i just buy it out right since I'm overdue? She said " sure it will actually be cheaper that way, its $30 with your copay but only $10.93 if you buy it outright". Unbelievable. It took 2 yrs for them to tell me that. My bad for not asking, i guess.
Figures lol

DLP

FNG
Just got my 6 month labs drawn today. Going to see if everything is still looking good. I have been on 200mg per week for a few years now. Seems to be the set spot for me. Should get labs back towards the end of the week.

OP
Idaho4x4Bronco
Just got my 6 month labs drawn today. Going to see if everything is still looking good. I have been on 200mg per week for a few years now. Seems to be the set spot for me. Should get labs back towards the end of the week.

Let us know! I don't get to start on injections unfortunately, have to do 3 months of trying Clomid first.

OP
Idaho4x4Bronco
Is there anyone following along on TRT that uses only clomid/clomiphene for their treatment? If so, how is that working out for you?

JimGa

Lil-Rokslider
I doubt you'll get an answer on someone on clomid only, its not usually done.

big44a4

WKR
Is there anyone following along on TRT that uses only clomid/clomiphene for their treatment? If so, how is that working out for you?

I have friend who started that way. Waiting to get his bloodwork back. Doubt it made a difference based on what he’s relayed to me.

OP
Idaho4x4Bronco
That's kind of what I thought honestly. I'm waiting on labs currently but they really keep pushing to start on Clomid for 3 months, but I think I'm going to have to say I want to start with the injections or I'll go elsewhere.

I think it was mentioned before but without reading back through, is anyone having fertility issues while on injections long term? With or without hcg

Marble

WKR
I use GoodRx and get a 12 week supply for about $100. That's 12MLs. I only use about 3/4 ML most weeks so it lasts awhile longer.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk