TRT Anyone?

OP
Idaho4x4Bronco
That is not correct. The amount of people that do TRT, stop, and then aren’t able to naturally produce testosterone, is quite small. Taking HCG while on test eliminates even that small percentage.
Wont argue as I was openly guessing. I will say however, producing and producing the right amount are not the same thing. All the research I did before starting TRT also led me to believe from what I was seeing people on and off TRT say, was that when they were off it for whatever the reason may be, they never felt good or had a good quality of life.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
My question is, how is it long term? Anyone do it for years and then stop? Or regret going on?

Low 300’s would be pretty good for a healthy 85 year old….

Done correctly, the risks with TRT are clearly lower than the side effects that will happen with low testosterone. If one takes hCG then they will also continue to produce testosterone naturally, and if they come off TRT will drop back down to their natural levels.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Wont argue as I was openly guessing. I will say however, producing and producing the right amount are not the same thing. All the research I did before starting TRT also led me to believe from what I was seeing people on and off TRT say, was that when they were off it for whatever the reason may be, they never felt good or had a good quality of life.

Yes, they won’t feel good- because they’ll drop back to their natural levels. The reason guys with a 300 T-level say they feel “fine” is because they don’t remember what it was like to have optimum levels of test, or in western society, never had an optimum level. Take a 16-18 year old with a 750 T level, which these days would be pretty good, and suppress him down to 300 relatively quickly and he’d feel like garbage. Take that same person and gradually move him from 750 to 300 over 20 years and he’d say he felt “ok”.

In either case, it isn’t that someone with a 300 T is “good”, it’s that they don’t know the difference.

OP
Idaho4x4Bronco
Tomorrow (thursday 09/09/21) is the end of my 5th week on TRT.

Haven't gotten blood work yet but thought I'd throw an update. Feeling better, stronger, putting on muscle quickly, basically just a better quality of life in such a short time. Better sleep, better mood, sex drive, ect. Everything is up.

Got my most recent test results today while meeting my urologist and my total T dropped since the last time to 231. He said he wants to get me to 800 and then adjust from there. Looking forward to feeling good again.

Hopefully this helps.

OP
Idaho4x4Bronco
Got my most recent test results today while meeting my urologist and my total T dropped since the last time to 231. He said he wants to get me to 800 and then adjust from there. Looking forward to feeling good again.

Hopefully this helps.
Damn that's scary low. I can tell you because lofe has been pretty sideways lately for me, I jave been severely slacking on diet and exercise, and I am still noticably putting on muscle just from my job, and losing weight with poor nutrition.

Injecting .3 Mon/Thurs

I feel a lot better, and all my emotional issues from the high estrogen are gone now. One thing I will say, from the time I have spent in the gym since TRT, recovery is incredibly fast. I noticed when we were packing trailcams in the mountains last weekend, my endurance and recovery there was much better as well.

TILLER

FNG
I finally took the plunge. In part I went because of this thread, so thank you to the people willing to openly talk about it. It’s easy to find threads on a place like T-Nation but it was hard to tell how much of that was leaning towards bodybuilders vs a dude who just wants to feel better.

Went to a local clinic, got some blood tests and found that I was at 164 total with their labs reference range of 280-1100. I’m one day in on treatment and I already feel better. I understand that most of the benefit comes over the next few weeks to months. I’m looking forward to it.

This clinic does test cypionate, HCG, and anastrozole. The idea of only test is appealing for the simplicity, but I figure I’ll give their protocol a try and gain some personal experience.

OP
Idaho4x4Bronco
I finally took the plunge. In part I went because of this thread, so thank you to the people willing to openly talk about it. It’s easy to find threads on a place like T-Nation but it was hard to tell how much of that was leaning towards bodybuilders vs a dude who just wants to feel better.

Went to a local clinic, got some blood tests and found that I was at 164 total with their labs reference range of 280-1100. I’m one day in on treatment and I already feel better. I understand that most of the benefit comes over the next few weeks to months. I’m looking forward to it.

This clinic does test cypionate, HCG, and anastrozole. The idea of only test is appealing for the simplicity, but I figure I’ll give their protocol a try and gain some personal experience.
Great. Around week 4 you'll notice big changes and around week 6 you'll be fully stablized around peak numbers for your dosage, that's what I wss told and have noticed first hand.

I will say, depending on injection area, you can get away with shorter length needles, if you're sensative to that.

So I picked up my prescription for 237mg of Jatenzo from my urologist today. I went to CVS and tried to get it filled. They ran it through my insurance an it was denied. I then asked what it cost out of pocket and I got serious sticker shock! They wanted almost $1100 a month. Sorry I am not paying that much for anything unless its going to keep me alive and not just feel better.

What is everyone paying for their TRT a month?

So I picked up my prescription for 237mg of Jatenzo from my urologist today. I went to CVS and tried to get it filled. They ran it through my insurance an it was denied. I then asked what it cost out of pocket and I got serious sticker shock! They wanted almost $1100 a month. Sorry I am not paying that much for anything unless its going to keep me alive and not just feel better.

I don't think many people are using oral testosterone. Somewhere in the 100-200 range per month is more normal for injectable test cyp.

Is Test Cyp injected intramuscular? I ask because my urologist said when he determined that I needed TRT that he doesn't like intramuscular shots. We then talked about creams, the pills that he did prescribe, the pellets under the skin and an automatic injector into the stomach.

He wanted to start with the oral until we figured out the right dosage and then switch to the pellets under the skin.

Has anyone had experience with these other applications and what is the cost out of pocket?

Txhunter85

Lil-Rokslider
Is Test Cyp injected intramuscular? I ask because my urologist said when he determined that I needed TRT that he doesn't like intramuscular shots. We then talked about creams, the pills that he did prescribe, the pellets under the skin and an automatic injector into the stomach.

He wanted to start with the oral until we figured out the right dosage and then switch to the pellets under the skin.

Has anyone had experience with these other applications and what is the cost out of pocket?
Just FYI. Taking test IM is the gold standard for men, period for effectiveness.

I see someone already responded similarly, but your doc seems to be recommending the least effective and most expensive methods of treatment.

Injectable test cyp is going to be much much cheaper!

big44a4

WKR

$35 a week here for everything in protocol as others have mentioned.

My cousin takes oral TRT stuff and his levels were 250 before now are 315 after LOL. Waste of money. May work for you but I agree with others IM injections best route. First 6 weeks when I did follow up blood work I went from 300 to 900.

I self pay, going to the doctor twice a year, labs twice a year and paying more than double for the actual test cyp it probably cost me about $75.00 per month, I’m paying $90.00 per bottle at a compounding pharmacy for what I could get for $30.00 at a corner store pharmacy, but is worth the extra cash because the stupid cvs’s and the like won’t always fill the script. They think they know better than your doctor and decide when they will and won’t fill the script.
$140.00 for a doctors office twice a year, $240.00 lab work twice a year and somewhere around 2 bottles of test per year (guessing at that)

0.7 millimeters per week

Last edited: