Truck battery?

What battery have you all had good luck with? My F150 has started to slow crank after sitting for a few days over the weekend, at the airport, etc. I want to get out ahead of it and just replace the factory battery with one I can trust.

Not looking for cheap, good value is fine, but really don’t have a budget when it comes to not getting stranded.

Blackdirt Cowboy

Lil-Rokslider
I use Walmart batteries. They are cheap and have a three year free replacement, 5 year prorated warranty. They will usually last just under 3 years, so I buy one battery, and I’m good for the life of my vehicle.

I use Walmart batteries. They are cheap and have a three year free replacement, 5 year prorated warranty. They will usually last just under 3 years, so I buy one battery, and I’m good for the life of my vehicle.

And the Wal Mart batteries can be replaced by any Wal Mart if you have a problem. Keep your receipt, and if you are across the country somewhere, there is always a Wal Mart nearby.

rino

FNG
I never skimp on a truck battery. I buy quality ones with tons of CC Amps. The last thing I want to do is get stuck back in the hills with bitter cold. Just ordered one of those jump start battery banks of ebay to carry along. I don't run batteries til they are shot anymore. It's peace of mind to have a solid battery.

Same goes for my motorcycle battery...

neverquit

WKR
The hardest thing on a battery is high and low temps and viberations. Deka makes the best battery for those conditions. Factory battery’s for cat and Harley are both deka. The cat part number for your truck should be 230-6363.

880 cca
140rc
Group 65
About $130 depend where you are.

Titan

WKR
There are only 3 or 4 manufacturers for automotive batteries. So they are essentially all the same if you are comparing apples to apples.
Just get the stock size from a place that either has a good discount or is easy to warranty at a local store.

I tend to buy my batteries from advance auto parts. They sometimes run $40 off $100 coupons which applies to the full value of the battery plus the core charge. Plus you get reward cash through them. Cheapest place I have found to buy batteries.

AGPank

WKR
My OEM on my 2011 3.5 lasted about 4 yrs. I replaced with Interstate from Costco. I had 3 yrs on it and it was nearing replacement ( lot of corrosion on terminal occurring frequently. ) It was priced right, $100 or so if memory is right. South Florida heat and humidity is tough on batteries, 3-4 years seems the normal in my 17 years down here.

I’ll probably stay OEM on my 2018. I figure with the extra start/stop strain, that Ford picked the battery they wanted for the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisA

WKR
My 04 silverado is a couple years into its 2nd battery, no kidding. AC Delco.
I'm three years into my second battery in my 04 Silverado also. I changed the battery because the truck was starting hard but it turned out mice had chewed some wiring and shit/pissed all over my fuses.

To the OP: make sure you have clean, solid connections, and that your cables are in good shape also.

Chris