Truck camping/hunting

OP
Wireman07

Wireman07

Lil-Rokslider
Being from SD, you prolly ice fish. Take your thermal hub house and set it up with cots inside. I use 8” lag bolts that I just screw into the ground and a buddy heater. Vent the windows a bit and sleep like a baby. I’ve camped many weekends in -20 to 30 degree nights like this. It’s straight money! Then you go ice fishing and eat deer brats that you made from the buck you killed.
Don't have a hub style shack, only a 2 man flip over. I don't think that will be roomy enough for me. It's a great idea though!

Finn16

WKR
I've tried sleeping in the backseat of a Silverado and a Ram and neither one worked for me and I'm only 5'9". I have a topper and like sleeping in the bed much better. One big improvement I made was switching from a mattress on the bed floor to a quality cot. I can still close the tailgate with the cot and crack the side windows. I have slept down to 19 degrees with no heater. I do wear a snug fitting wool hat and gloves. My nose is the only thing that gets cold.

Attachments

• IMG_0633 (1).JPG
    IMG_0633 (1).JPG
    340.7 KB · Views: 41
I used a Jayco pop up truck camper for a couple of years. It was nice for long trips, but it kind of sucked out west when trying to get into some rougher spots because of the extra weight on the truck. So I sold that and went back to a tent.