Truck Gun Optics

Long Cut

WKR
I bought a TC Compass II in 6.5mm a while back for a great deal to be used as a “truck gun” and a loaner rifle for friends.

We deer hunt GA with most shot opportunities inside of 200 yards. I really need a scope that’s reliable and able to handle a beating.

I bought a Bushnell Nitro Series 3-12x44 but after the first range day sighting the rifle in, the interior scope lens cracked. Bushnell replaced the scope free of charge and sent me a brand new Nitro.

Now my reason for posting this thread is I’m concerned the Bushnell Nitro will not be able to sustain the abuse a truck gun may endure. While I’m thankful Bushnell stood behind their ironclad warranty, I’d rather not have to keep sending scopes back and fourth to be replaced.

Is there a more reliable scope brand in the $500 and under price range with a great warranty? I’ve looked into some nicer stuff like Zeiss, Swaro, etc but it’s hard to justify a $1,000+ scope on a rifle I paid under $250.

TN2shot07

WKR
I have a stainless 270 that I use for the same purpose, stays in the truck all season. I run a Redfield Revolution on it with no issues and pretty good glass. I’d take a look at the Leupold freedom, available with pretty much any reticle and zoom you want.

Blue72

WKR
SWFA 6x or 10x as mentioned before ….plenty of reviews on them and history too back it up

but under 200 yards, you have lots of red dot options too

25orSo

Lil-Rokslider
Is there a more reliable scope brand in the $500 and under price range with a great warranty?

You should be able to get into a Leupold FX3 6x42 for under $500 as well.

I haven't given mine an endurance test yet, but I expect it to hold up just like all the others I've used have.

chefcreed

FNG
Have a Burris Fullfield 3-9x40 that works great on my truck gun-Howa Mini 6.5 Grendel. Great for deer, pigs, and yotes here in SC. Set and Forget and no issues holding zero.

Usmcff

WKR
My preference is Nikon but they no longer make scopes. I have a monarch 5 on one rifle and a prostaff 3 on the other. Both have endured a lot of abuse rising around in vehicles with me.