FNG

BadDogPSD

WKR
Rears should be no problem, but front brake line clearance might be an issue

OP
wolf2202

wolf2202

FNG
Should I try and find some s class chains for the front tires? I can only find cable chains s class chains would those work?

1. Those will work, and you'll be amazed at what they can do even on an unlocked rear end. Especially with V bar links.
2. 20" wheels have no place on a 4x4 with sub 40" tires. Ditch them them for 17s if you can.
3. You may be able to fit them on the front too, especially with stock size tires. Test fit them at home first! Getting them fit really well takes some practice. Make sure to check them at full tuck and lock.
4. Get 4x rubber tarp bungies for each tire to use as chain tensioners. They should be ~2" smaller than your wheel size.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

OP
wolf2202

wolf2202

FNG
What are the positives of 17s? Would they fit better with chains?

dtrkyman

WKR
Many newer vehicles you have to make sure the wheel fits over the brake rotors. Some will not allow you a much smaller wheel. We threw a smaller wheel on a ram years ago from an older dodge, didn't make it ten feet as the wheel was locked up.

Jethro

WKR
Wolf, those chains in your link should work on the back wheels, but not the front. Not going to have the clearance between inside sidewall and control arm.

17" wheels can certainly go on your Ram as they came stock with either 17 or 20's. But thats a large investment for a new hunter. I've considered switching to 18's but still have the 20's on my Ram.