True Timber Lightweight Packable Down Pants - Strata

365buckin

FNG
Anyone have any experience with True Timber brand down pants and puffy jacket? They seem to have some pretty good features without all the price of the big name brands. $130 jacket + $90 pants = whole set up for $220 without a sale. The description doesn't mention a DWR coating on either the puffy jacket or the pants so I emailed their customer service a few questions. Hopefully I hear back from them soon so I can post the reply. Here's the links if you guys wanna check em out.

Smallie

Lil-Rokslider
I just bought the pants around Christmas time. Only ice fished with them on once but they were really warm with Kuiu zip off bottoms underneath. Seem like pretty decent pants for the price. Haven't had a chance to put them through the ringer yet but mostly plan on just using them for sitting in a tree stand on cold mornings in Wisconsin. Pack down pretty nice into the left pocket.

OP
365buckin

365buckin

FNG
I heard back from the company's customer service and they said they do have a light DWR and an XL weighs 1 pound in the packaging.

ChrisAU

WKR
So a buddy got a jacket and pants, I'm impressed with the initial quality. Jacket is a large and was 14 oz on my scale, pants are a medium and 10.65 oz. The pants do not fully zip, they stop a couple inches short of the waist. They do have a fly though. But they would be for an outer layer since they don't fully zip.

bcar

Lil-Rokslider
Wish it said how many ounces of fill. One of the other models on their website says it has 550fp down, so I'm sure these are something similar, and not many ounces of fill. For the money though, pretty interesting!

I've been looking at these as well. My main use would be throwing them on top of my regular pants for glassing in cold temps. The insulated pants with zippers I've been looking at run from $170 to almost $400. For something I will probably only use for sitting and glassing or sleeping in to get a few more degrees out of my sleeping bag, they seem like a great choice. Did you end up buying any? How's the fit? I would like to make sure I can fit them over my hunting pants, but not crazy baggy.

OP
365buckin

365buckin

FNG
I ordered them from optics planet and they have been on backorder for a month and a half.

ChrisAU

WKR
Got my set from optics planet today, large jacket is 14.2 oz and large pants 11.55 oz. Pleased.

Missahba

Lil-Rokslider
I ordered large. They fit over pants but not baggy. I wear 34” waist jeans and khakis. My Cabela’s space rain Medium bottoms fit over them. Impressed for the money. Pack small. Light. Will report on field use as soon as we get some cold temps.

wildcat33

WKR
I just bought a pair from optics planet. I generally like the pants, but the fit was off for me. They were tight in the seat/thighs but really baggy around the ankles. It was like the top was fit for layering under something and the bottom for over something. YMMV.

I had previous bought the grumman pants, was hoping these would be a low cost alternative but ended up sending them back and keeping the Grummans.

Werty

WKR
I ordered large. They fit over pants but not baggy. I wear 34” waist jeans and khakis. My Cabela’s space rain Medium bottoms fit over them. Impressed for the money. Pack small. Light. Will report on field use as soon as we get some cold temps.
It's been a few years, do you reccomend them?