TruGlo Sites for Turkey Gun

TruGlo Site

I’m looking to buy something like this for my Mossberg 535 for turkey season. I think it would be a major improvement over the stock beads. I’ve killed turkeys with the beads, but this year I also invested in a choke and shells that will let me shoot further.

Does anyone have experience with these? I’m assuming there is no “sighting in” with these, correct? Any recommendation on other brands, attachment methods to be leery of, etc.?

Justinjs

Lil-Rokslider
I use this on my 870. It's used for skeet, turkey, and pheasant, works way better than the factory bead.
It has a "notch" that slides up to the front bead, just try to keep it even down the vent and you'll be good to go.
Some complain about the 3M tape not working, I'm at 5 years and no issues after several wet field trips, hot weather skeet shoots.
71zbR7SgPML._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Justinjs

Lil-Rokslider
Edit.
I missed your link, my bad.

My slug barrel has one similar. I'd think you'd still need to pattern it but shouldn't be too bad. These work wonders in low light.

GreenNDark Timber

Lil-Rokslider
The TruGlo Magnum Gobble Dot Pro Series are a good option. All metal, clamps on the barrel and doesn't budge and has an adjustable rear sight. I've had the same one for at least 10 years. Clamp it on before turkey season (put a small mark on the rib so you can mount in the same place every year) and you're ready to go, then you can take it off after season if you use the same shotgun for wing shooting.

kloppy

FNG
I also use the magnum gobble dot - its a great sight but ive had the fiber optics fall out. Its a quick fix and truglo sells replacement fiber optic rods.

JGross1

FNG
I run this on my Mossberg 935. Overall, I am happy with it. There may be no sighting in so to speak, but you will definitely want to pattern the gun before you hunt with it. Agree with above-- These have advantages over a single bead, especially in low light conditions.