Truth be Told HD Binos

easttex

Lil-Rokslider
HD Optics. Yea, I know all the marketing pitch, but I have had the opportunity to extensively compare Leica Ultavid HD and Non- HD in 12X and the same for Meopta Meostars. I have old eyes but for the life of me I cannot tell any difference in HD and non-HD. I would like to hear opinions from other users who have actually compared identical brand and powers of HD and non-HD.

Night and day difference in Swarovski in my opinion. Compare a set of NEU 15x56 to the newer 15x56 Hd's.
Or compare a set of Nl 10x42's to the older 10x42 Els. Everyone's eyes are different, but a few sessions glassing with Nl's and it was an easy decision to upgrade from my EL's. The older 15x56's did nothing for me and I bought and sold them a couple times trying to like them. The new 15's are actually worth getting in my opinion. They are brighter and sharper than the older Neu's.

4cMuley

Lil-Rokslider
Marketing. They’re the same thing. In fact I wouldn’t doubt at all in some instances with some brands that the “old” non-hd version was optically better than the new

OP
E

easttex

Lil-Rokslider
HH, I agree with you that the HD Swaro 15's were an upgrade.

Beendare

WKR
We all know by now, looking at binos in the store is worthless.

I’ve had the benefit of comparing bino’s in the field on a tripod in low light- thats where you can tell the difference.

The guys here at Rokslide do some excellent testing using a resolution chart.

Big difference in resolution and clear, crisp field of view between our 22 year old Swaro 10x42 ELs vs the 12 year old Swarovision 10x42 ELs, with the Swarovision for the easy win.

But have always wondered how much better Leica Ultravid 8x32 HDs are vs my 19 year old Ultravid 8x32 (Non HD)???