Trying out some boots

Bcoonce117

Lil-Rokslider
So right now I’m trying out crispi Colorado, crispi briksdal non insulated, the hanwag makra, and hanwag alverstone ii. Right now I think my favorites are the crispi Colorado for what I’m looking for in a boot.
The hanwag makra is an inch or two too short for me. I like my boots slightly higher. (This is my personal preference. The boot felt great and I wanted to love them, but it all boiled down to the ankle support.

The alverstones feel ok on my feet but they don’t form to my foot correctly. I’ve messed with the laces a bunch and can’t get them perfect for my foot. I’m not blaming the boot because it’s a great boot. I like the amount of cushion the tongue and ankles have. These boots feel like a great boot for being on the move, but stiff enough to handle steep and rocky terrain. I just can’t seem to get them to feel right for me.

The briksdal feel great on my feet. A stiff boot (which I like) but I could see myself hunting some flatter low country in these boots fine. These boots can definitely handle high country sheep hunting or really rocky terrain. Great ankle support. You might lose a little bit of mobility with how stiff these boots are in the ankles though.

The crispi Colorado seemed to touch all the bases in a boot for me. I have great support, great mobility, and good breathability. Stiff but not overly stiff.

Last edited:

SanJuanCutthroat

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the post, I'm looking for a comparison between the Colorado and the Makra.

How would you rank them in terms of stiffness and width? Really looking for the stiffer and wider of the two.

Been able to see the Colorado in person, just wish they were as stiff as the Briksdal, as they do come in a wide version. But if the Makra hits both those marks I may go that direction.

Thanks.