Trying to learn to bugle, what am I doing wrong?

OP
P

PhlyanPan

FNG
Yeah I had watched the video a while ago and it didn't seem to stick. I think I'm getting it much better now. I was just using a part of my tongue that was too far back.

Use the center of your tongue as the contact point in the middle of the latex. With the reed in place as I described the center of your tongue will automatically find the center of latex, you will not have to search for it. If it doesnt then reed needs to be re-positioned so it does, we are talking very small movements here.

Make sure no air is escaping above the tape & roof of your mouth, all air must pass between center of tongue & latex. If air passes above then you need to take the reed & nibble/chew tape with saliva to soften like a wet T-shirt, this will aid in damming all air.

You said you have the App? I show a video of all of this on it?

ElkNut

I don't know who this Elknut1 guy is but it sounds like he knows a thing or two.

:D

Listen to Paul he knows what he's talking about. Great teacher!. He has a really good playbook, CDs, youtube videos, & Elknut app.

FWIW.

Hessticles

Lil-Rokslider
I still haven't mastered the mouth red because I had a partial for years and think it messed with my palate a little. Elknut knows his shit but also watch Dirk Durham training videos, it helped me alot!

Sled

WKR
That's odd cause I've actually gotten a couple that felt much better by pushing it farther forward and pressing with the underside of my tongue by curling it up and back. That gave me a much better seal and allowed me to blow it longer.

that's how i have to blow my calls, further forward than most.. i've used several but the phelps are easiest to run the full range for me. i'm fond of the grey for most calling but have a few others i use as well.

So much of is fit. I can use one brand and sound like a brand new caller. Use another brand or size, that fits correctly, and you're good to go.