TSS for turkeys?

Jsc

FNG
.665, which is tighter than recommended.

Edited to say:

I couldn’t find a consensus and I never found a recommended choke size from Federal. There were some comments that choke size might be less critical with the wad they’re using, but I have a hard time making sense of that. (Although I consider their Flight Control wad to be a miracle of modern science.) There were more comments from what appear to be (take it for what it’s worth) hunters that know what they are doing, and claimed to have tested, that the magic number is .675.

I’ve spent as much time looking for magic numbers as Congress has looking for deficit reductions, with about the same result. My experience is that shotguns do what they want to do with any given load and until you do the shooting you can’t know for certain.

My boy was shooting my old Benelli SBE. I don’t remember the choke brand, and the gun is still at the farm, 3 hours away, so I can’t go look. The very limited testing we did was at 50 yds and E shot the bird within a yd or two of 40. That’s about as far as I’ll take a poke at one, and he had very clear rules of engagement, as in ‘when he steps out in the clearing but NOT BEFORE’.

The advantage I was hoping to get was increased energy while maintaining or increasing pellet strikes on the bird, rather than killing them out further. I haven’t killed more than a bird or two out of fields in years, and getting 5-shot level energy out of a cloud of 9’s is clearly an advantage when there is a possibility brush or foliage might be a factor.
thanks for your advice. I am thinking of trying it in a 20 Gauge for my son. It is his first year hunting

sneaky

"DADDY"
Sounds about right lol
4704f09772fbccd86622e7a9fd3d2121.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk