Tucson FNG

Desert Dan

Lil-Rokslider
Hello
Just got registered so I figured I would write up the introduction thread. Living in Tucson, just wrapped up my first year of western hunting, mostly chasing coues deer on Mount Lemmon. Learned a lot and even though I didn't fill a tag I had a lot of fun and look forward to more.
I grew up in Wisconsin and got to hunt a few days during the rut last November. I primarily bow hunt but while I'll likely continue to accrue bonus points with the goal of eventually drawing an elk hunt here in Arizona, after this season I'm leaning more and more toward dedicating my efforts toward mule deer, both rifle and bow depending on what opportunities present themselves each season. Having just got back into hunting, and since I only just began hunting out west I have never hunted mulies yet but after seeing and reading more and more about it I've realized it's mule deer that I look forward to chasing in the backcountry each year.
I was limited to day hunts last year but now that I will be picking up the camping gear I need for multiple day backcountry hunts I look forward to getting out and scouting before the season and hopefully spotting a few bucks to go after once the season rolls back around. Arizona offers such great OTC opportunities and good hunting ground within a few hours it's just too good not to take advantage of it. But aside from those my goal is to make one out of state hunting trip each year, with Idaho and Colorado on the top of my list. I have started purchasing bonus points in Utah and Montana as well.
So that's about it. I look forward to taking advantage of all the information on the forums and on the website. If anyone is looking for an Idaho or Colorado OTC hunting partner send me a message!

Dan