Tuffheads

Tradchef

WKR
ive been a longtime grizzly Broadhead user and they have done really well over the years. I’m curious to see how the meatheads and tuffheads are compared to them and if any of you use them and what you could tell me in your words about them. Is the construction any better, better tolerances...

scott

go4thegusto

WKR
Classified Approved
I have used them for a while. I believe they are better overall. Seems to be a higher grade more fine grained steel that can be honed to a razor. Biggest advantage for me is they are stainless. Carbon steel is great but must be protected and edge sealed some how. By nature carbon starts to dull immediately just due to ambient moisture etc.
They glue on true and straight without much adjustment.

sneaky

"DADDY"
They are stupid sharp out of the package, mine came with a pack of bandaids lol. I have 3 of them I might part with.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Glynn

FNG
Look at the Cutthroats from RMS too. The glue-on 160 or 190 (same dimensions) single bevels are made from a solid piece.

I have only shot two deer with them so far and my set-up is pretty overkill for even Kansas whitetails but it went through them like they were made of smoke. Almost no sound either (weird sidenote). Also killed both at 5 yards, ha ha

I haven't compared price though.

sneaky

"DADDY"
The ones I have are 225gr glue on.
8cfa795249165f1e711c311257c3482f.jpg

Sorry to bump an old thread but I shoot both a bunch. I use Tuffheads with all the bows I can (225 and 300 stainless only) and if I need to drop point weight for a light bow I go to Grizzlys.

Although I would say that Tuffheads are superior in every way except cost, the last 4 packs I bought had a bit of a burr that all my previous heads did not have. I'd expect to touch them up out of the package.
Thom

sneaky

"DADDY"
Yep, the stainless ones are the ones to go with. I've had mine sitting in a drawer for years. I just went away from the glue on heads.