Tundra or Tahoe

On the same mission as you at the moment and the prices of tundras in my area I have to say arnt that bad..found a 10 crewmax with everything on it 71,000 miles for 23, and numerous excab trucks under 20

I have to do it sorry. 10000 miles driven in a year. 15 mpg will need 667 gallons of gas I will use the cost I saw today on the way home from work at $3.13/gallon that ='s $2086. 20 mpg same way ='s $1565 I will take my tundra all day, week and year for the extra $10 a week. I waited a long time to buy one and the only regret is that I didn't do it sooner before owning a Ram, F150, and 2500HD Chevy. Good thread by the way

I hate when facts muddy a good discussion!

This is especially relevant when you read other discussions which talk about real world, daily driving Ford and Chevy gasoline mileage- especially when pulling a load.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kuhn4

Lil-Rokslider
I have a 2002 Tundra I bought new in 2001. 108K, my daily commute is short. The only money I have put into it is your typical maintenance fluid changes, tires, fuel filter, AC recharge, muffler, spark plugs, battery, and serpentine belt. The muffler rusted out, common in Wisconsin. The AC was no longer cold. Everything else was preventative maintenance I wanted to do before I had a problem in the future. The truck has been very reliable.

DWhitt

Lil-Rokslider
Toyota all the way...I was a GM man that now drives a Ram. Ive have multi-able GM products. I work on transmissions and GM keeps us in business. GM's motors are junk, they burn oil and have cam and lifters failures regularly. my wife drives a suburban and if she let me Id get a seqouia....

I have personally owned 2 Tundras and will never own a different truck. They have excellent resell value. They are possibly one of the most reliable 1/2 ton trucks available. Just do a bit of digging and you will find out how reliable they are. Also don’t be fazed by higher miles on them, they commonly get up into 300k+ miles before they need much maintenance. And there have been a few that have gotten 1,000,000mi with practically no issues.

MtnOyster

WKR
Tahoe gets my vote, I don’t have the Tahoe but I do own a Yukon Denali xl and I love the thing, I hunt , camp , pull a fishing boat with it and just plain goof off in the thing, it’s been from Utah to Texas to Louisiana to Florida multiple times with hunting partners to family vacations and I’ve slept in the thing comfortably several times, I’d say you could do the same in the Tahoe if you wanted to.

OP
C

chops24

WKR
well i spent a week in the Tahoe and a week now in the Tundra. i absolutely love the Tundra. Such a nice, powerful and great working truck!

thanks for all the input. headed sheep hunting this weekend so we will see how the Tundra does out there.

Attachments

• T3.JPG
    T3.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 81
Great looking truck and I think you made the right decision!

The newer tahoes are neutured versions of their previous selves. My theory is that if a subaru has more ground clearance then it shouldn't even be considered a SUV lol

MB650

FNG
I have a '14 Tundra with 8' bed (work truck model) . I am either pulling a 16' gooseneck cattle trailer, 28' flatbed gooseneck with a skid loader and all of my fence building attachments on it, or a 14' dump trailer 75% of the time. It has preformed great. I did add air bags to the suspension to handle the loads. The only repairs so far have been a brake job. The only thing I don't like is it dents real easy. I'm hard on my vehicles and with that said I'm going to put a flat bed on it. It's a great truck and would recommend getting one.
1207d6af188b285fad37d5194d245718.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Limber

FNG
This is my second Tundra. The only thing I would move to would be a Power wagon or diesel.

Attachments

• IMG_0670.jpg
    IMG_0670.jpg
    325.1 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0671.jpg
    IMG_0671.jpg
    277.9 KB · Views: 59

NVVAHunt

Lil-Rokslider
You will love the Tundra. Ive got a 2011 and am hovering around 140k on it. Maintenance has been standard wear and tear items (brakes, rotate, things like that) but nothing crazy. Drives great, tows my horse trailer and everything else really well. Only reason I wouldn’t get another one is if I end up getting a diesel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cwhite

FNG
I've got a 2018 Tundra and love it. The back seat is huge and I've slept comfortably in there several of times. I've had 3 Tundra's, 4 Tacoma's, a T100 and an old 88 Toyota truck. I don't even look anywhere else.

20200519_141629.jpg
My 2011 tundra. Bought it new. 89k on it now. Runs and looks like new. I will buy another new one if and when this one needs replaced. This is my dedicated hunting rig. Spend about 50 nights a year sleeping in the back on average. Leer topper and bed rug. Love this truck

My BIL borrows my ‘11 Tundra whenever his Tahoe is in the shop. He’s put 40-50K on my truck to date.

Biggest repair on my Tundra to date was brakes and rotors at 220K

Fatcamp

WKR
Think I'm going to send my 4runner and F250 down the road.

Wife is on board and we looked at Tundras today.

Krustyroo

FNG
For my birthday last year I bought myself a new 2019 Tundra Double cab, long 8' bed TRD Offroad. Its cement Gray with a matching canopy, pass through cab window, Bilstein suspension, huge fuel tank. There is storage under the rear seat. Not too many Crewmax's come with that. To get better fuel mileage I changed all the exterior chrome to flat black and dark tinted windows. It also has tow mirrors, spray in bedliner, and bed rail system that came standard. I have hauled with it. It is a pack horse. My pops runs Tahoe XL's and Suburban's. I'll take the Tundra anytime.