Tuning Issue

Ratbeetle

WKR
Let me preface this by saying I was a trad guy until just a couple years ago. I'm much better tuning trad bows than compounds. With that said, I'm running into an issue with my compound after new arrows, string and sight this year.

I paper tuned last week and had to tweak the yokes to get good paper tears without pushing my rest too close to the riser. Ended up adding a twist and a half to the left yoke.

When I went to sight in today, arrows were impacting way right. I'm almost out of adjustment room on my sight and the arrows are still right or center. I thought about just shimming my sight out from the riser a bit, but I'm wondering if this is indicative of a bigger tuning issue.

Bow is a Mathews Creed XS, 28.5" cam pulling closer to 29" at 70lbs. Shooting 27.5" FMJ with 175 up front (75gr insert 100gr head)

Arrow flight looked good and groups were fine. Picture is from 30yds. Top 2 are 100gr field points bottom 2 are 125gr...testing point weight.

Can I shim or do I have bigger problems.

Attachments

• 0619191131.jpg
    0619191131.jpg
    561.4 KB · Views: 37
Looks like a spine issue. If you back out your limb bolts and they start hitting left you know it’s spine. Remember your nock point will have to change to get verticals back if so. Stick with the 100s for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sim22mie

Lil-Rokslider
Let me preface this by saying I was a trad guy until just a couple years ago. I'm much better tuning trad bows than compounds. With that said, I'm running into an issue with my compound after new arrows, string and sight this year.

I paper tuned last week and had to tweak the yokes to get good paper tears without pushing my rest too close to the riser. Ended up adding a twist and a half to the left yoke.

When I went to sight in today, arrows were impacting way right. I'm almost out of adjustment room on my sight and the arrows are still right or center. I thought about just shimming my sight out from the riser a bit, but I'm wondering if this is indicative of a bigger tuning issue.

Bow is a Mathews Creed XS, 28.5" cam pulling closer to 29" at 70lbs. Shooting 27.5" FMJ with 175 up front (75gr insert 100gr head)

Arrow flight looked good and groups were fine. Picture is from 30yds. Top 2 are 100gr field points bottom 2 are 125gr...testing point weight.

Can I shim or do I have bigger problems.
What spine of FMJ? And, have you checked centershot with your rest?

OP
Ratbeetle

Ratbeetle

WKR
Sorry forgot to mention spine. They are 300s. I was thinking spine since you can see the 100s are slightly more left than the 125s. But I'm scratching my head because I thought a right impact indicated weak. If anything I thought these arrows would be slightly on the stiff side.

Sight is a spot hogg hunter.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I paper tuned last week and had to tweak the yokes to get good paper tears without pushing my rest too close to the riser.

Where is your rest now? It sounds like it's right of centershot. Perhaps set it close to where it should be to start and then start yoke tuning. I would want to see a couple bare shafts shot with fletched into a foam target, and/or fixed BH with a FP arrow.

OP
Ratbeetle

Ratbeetle

WKR
Where is your rest now? It sounds like it's right of centershot. Perhaps set it close to where it should be to start and then start yoke tuning. I would want to see a couple bare shafts shot with fletched into a foam target, and/or fixed BH with a FP arrow.

Rest is just left of center. Would too much left yoke cause me to shoot so far right?

OP
Ratbeetle

Ratbeetle

WKR
I think I have it figured out. I just didn't have my sight configured right. Thanks to txbowhunter99.