Tuning question with a new rest & poundage

Sniff

Lil-Rokslider
I have just had a hamskea hybrid hunter pro put on my bow and I also had the poundage increased at the shop. I went out and shot and I am hitting about 1ft high and right. Is there any order of operation on getting this thing back in tune? My thoughts are I get the rest adjusted for l/r and then once I'm hitting good on those go to readjusting my pins. Just looking for conformation on if this is a correct path to tuning or am I about to screw it up worse? Thanks for any info

Brendan

WKR
First thing I'd do is adjust your sight (not your rest). You're going to need to shoot some groups to see if/what needs to be changed. Doesn't take long anyways.

Then, grab some broadheads and field tips, and see if they hit together at your hunting ranges. If they're hitting together, bow is in tune and you're all good. If they're not (which is likely) then the bow needs some tuning.

Alternately to broadheads/field points you can do bare shafts or paper tuning, but broadhead tuning is probably easier for most.

Zac

WKR
Did the shop tune it? If they did your center shot and timing should be on. I always paper tune myself after the shop tune. The shop tune is a good starting point, but they shoot close through paper and typically grip the bow differently. I would get a good hole at 21 feet, then sight in your pins. It's possible that you will be under spined due to the poundage change. So if your broadheads don't fly you may need to look into a stiffer shaft.

NYSKIER

WKR
Hi Sniff,

I second Zacs response about tuning to center shot and timing (Although I like tuning timing to how I like it not how the shop says it should be).

Another question, what type of bow do you have? If it's a bowtech don't go playing with the rest it should stay at centershot at least that's what works for me, I do left and right with yokes.