Tuning question

PAhntr91

WKR
Classified Approved
Been messing around tuning my Mathews helim. 65lbs 28 draw. Got it shooting bullets by yoke tuning. Then went out and doing some bare shaft tuning. Should I keep twisting or untwisting yokes or bump the rest to get the bare shafts to hit with fletched. I had a 13/16 center shot when I paper tuned. I bumped the rest further out might be closer to 14/16 is that ok ?

OP
P

PAhntr91

WKR
Classified Approved
There now hitting together. After I bumped the rest a hair further from riser

They were hitting left of fletched before I did that

OR Archer

WKR
Not sure how much lean you induced into the idler when you were paper tuning. I would personally put the rest back to 13/16 and put a twist in the left yoke only. I’m assuming the gap between your fletched and bareshaft was about 3” if you moved the rest 1/16”. Won’t take much twisting of the left yoke to correct that.

OP
P

PAhntr91

WKR
Classified Approved
yeah it was about that far. I’ll give that a try. Yeah the idler wheel has a little lean from twisting right yoke.

OR Archer

WKR
Just twist the left. No need to undo twists in the right since it’s a single cam. To check your lean you can lay a shaft against the top idler. If the shaft starts to cross the string above your loop then you have too much. If it’s crossing at your loop then it’s fine.

OP
P

PAhntr91

WKR
Classified Approved
Alright cool. Thanks dude. Hopefully I can get it squared away later. If not. I’ll be back.

OR Archer

WKR
I told you the wrong yoke. Twist the right yoke. As far as how much if you lay the arrow against the idler it should t go past being parallel with the string.

Ideally centershot would be right at 13/16", but I wouldn't worry at all about shifting it ±1/8". Before I had access to a press to make yoke adjustments, I had to push my rest all the way out to get my Heli-m tuned. It looked funky but shot great.

OP
P

PAhntr91

WKR
Classified Approved
Ideally centershot would be right at 13/16", but I wouldn't worry at all about shifting it ±1/8". Before I had access to a press to make yoke adjustments, I had to push my rest all the way out to get my Heli-m tuned. It looked funky but shot great.
Yeah my ocd was kicking in a little bit seeing the arrow not running Parallel with the stabilizer