Turkey Broadheads

huntineveryday

Lil-Rokslider
I have two in my quiver, and use whichever one the circumstance calls for. Magnus bullheads for shots 20 yards and in on calm days (clean kill or clean miss, no in-between) and a two blade expandable for windy days or shots beyond 20 yards.

I prefer the bullheads, but I've seen them get blown around a little on windy days and they seem to loose steam a little on longer shots. I could probably stretch them out a little more, but the expendables have worked alright for me too. I like the bullheads for strutting shots, there's less guesswork on finding the vitals and the head is usually pretty still. When thier not strutting that head can move quite a bit and finding the vitals with an expandable isn't as hard.

2 inch rage expandable or 2 inch sevr expandable which is same head I use for deer hunting. They have worked well for me...

go4thegusto

WKR
Classified Approved
SOLID DECAPS and head shots! Head and neck are a larger target than the elusive vital on turkeys. We have not lost a bird since switching to head shots. These heads are tanks and 3 should last forever.

OP
BrandoLakes
Well I know what I'm going to be practicing for the next couple weeks.. Thanks for the advice. Makes a lot of sense.

huntineveryday

Lil-Rokslider
So you're going for the head whenever the opportunity presents itself?
Yep. If they're strutting, a purr or cluck to get them to "lock up" in strut is a great time to shoot. The head is usually tucked back and you'll get a moment without movement. A DSD to position them for a shot helps too.