Turkey hunting gun vs bow, blind vs no blind

I have turkey hunted for many years. Have always used a shotgun leaning against a tree without a blind. I love watching that Tom come in as your sitting at eye level. He's gobbling and strutting. Just the best ! On the flip side, I have hunted whitetails with a trad bow forever. Have never turkey hunted with a bow. I don't think sitting in a blind bowhunting turkey would do it for me. Anyone archery hunt without a blind ? Coments on your experience with one or the other. Shotgun vs bow ?

RADunfee

Lil-Rokslider
I'm a shotgun only turkey hunter but that being said I am anti blind and anti decoy. I rely on my calling, my woodsmanship, and my knowledge of the land I am hunting. I move too often for blinds and I've had decoys scare the birds away. Too each his own though. Whatever it takes to get it done! Hunt like you're being hunted is the best tip. As far as blinds and such hunt the way YOU want to hunt and good luck.

Djacker

WKR
I've shot 2 with my bow out of a tree stand while whitetail hunting. It was alot more rewarding than using a shotgun. If I was going to bow hunt on the ground, I would use a scoot and shoot or something similar. I used the scoot and shoot this year, with a shotgun and it was alot of fun.

Pezboat

WKR
I’m no expert on turkey hunting. Just picked it up 5 or so years ago. But I’ve killed 2 with the bow and no blind. Instead of sitting with my back to a tree, I set up behind the tree. Draw back when they’re behind a tree. Yes. I would have killed more with a shotgun, but it’s fun and definitely doable.

Hondo0925

Lil-Rokslider
just got done hunting this season in colorado with a bow and no blind. Man is it frustrating but worth it. You definitely have to either love turkey hunting or be very dedicated. I would suggest using your trad bow in that drawing and shooting one with a compound can be more frustrating. I’ve hunted with both. Just IMO

OP
G
I'm 15-20 yard or in guy with a longbow. Are you guys usually standing or kneeling ? Behind tree or to the side? It seems like drawing you would get busted

dtrkyman

WKR
I exclusively hunted them with a bow for ten plus years. Mostly from a blind but many without. Decoys are key, you need to get them distracted to consistently kill them with no blind!

I used mounted birds for dekes prior to DSD coming out, realistic dekes make a huge difference!

Good back cover and some object they walk behind just before decoy contact is ideal!

Just be prepared for birds to some in and bust you without a shot fired!

I went back to the shotgun, just something about sitting or standing against a tree and calling them in, no decoys nothing. They just seem to made to shoot with the shotgun!

I learned an awful lot about hunting them when I chased em with the bow though, mostly patience!

Hondo0925

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve hosed myself kneeling and standing both. Kinda went with standing this year. I was able to shoot over brush easier