Turkey hunting NM

LongBird

FNG
I got the opportunity to elk hunt NM a couple of years ago, but while I was there I got to see a lot of turkeys. When I decide I’m gonna go up there and hunt them I find out you can’t- or at least during the spring? I’m looking for some public land to hunt turkeys. The website is a bit scattered.

Photo for your time. Thanks.

Attachments

• F3CDEA3D-BFFD-4E52-AD28-E3EED4A40E20.jpeg
    F3CDEA3D-BFFD-4E52-AD28-E3EED4A40E20.jpeg
    734.2 KB · Views: 37

dtrkyman

WKR
Most of NM is OTC, there are a few draw hunts, not sure why you thought you couldn’t hunt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dtrkyman

WKR
Ok, but there are countless acres of OTC turkey here. I thought you just wanted to hunt in general not just that spot.

JPD350

WKR
They are gonna be doing what they do, you just wont be able to hear them unless they are very close.
I can't go until Sunday afternoon so hopefully they won't get slaughtered before I get out there!

swarovskicoues

Lil-Rokslider
figured id bump this thread instead of making a new one. I've hunted 15 the last two years and have struggled finding birds. I always end up finding one or two. any NM residents willing to share a better OTC unit? not looking for honey holes at all! Arizona guy just looking to chase more gobblers with my dad.