Turkey Legs

So long story short I’ve never cleaned a turkey and let my step brother help me. He used shears and cut the legs instead of cutting at the joint. If I slow cook these will the bones splinter into the meat? Will they be ok to slow cook?

hobbes

WKR
Yes, slow cook legs and thighs in chicken broth for 6 to 8 hours (at least) until meat will fall away from bone and large tendons. At that point use in soup, on sandwiches, etc. My favorite is chopped (after easy removal of tendons and bone) then eat on corn tortillas with pico, avocado, cilantro, and Chilula.

Best stew ever imho. Cook 4-6hrs in garlic and herb water.
Take legs out.
Cool in fridge.
Save water.
Pull cartilaginous "shingles"
Cube meat.
Add back to water with cream of mushroom soup and veggies in order of cook time.
Add rosemary and other seasonings to taste.
Enjoy!

OG DramaLlama

Epic Rokslider
Green chili turkey leg stew is one of my favorites...Wife slow cooks leg for 6-8 in some wonderful concoction that is a mystery to me. Then she pulls out removes all cartlidge and re-cooks in stew. Amazing!

48ecfe028f259bd02da1fab8e1c41f55.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gbrecka

Lil-Rokslider
Should be fine. I’ve been blasting my turkey legs in the instant pot for 90 minutes with broth. Pull all the meat and vac seal and freeze

Should be fine. I’ve been blasting my turkey legs in the instant pot for 90 minutes with broth. Pull all the meat and vac seal and freeze
I 'instant pot' all my legs as well! Before I bought an Instant Pot, I used a crock pot. Instant Pot is a lot quicker and I like the end product better.

Gbrecka

Lil-Rokslider
Do you have the instant pot set on high for 90 minutes. Are the legs nice and tender when done?
Yes, I run it on manual or high for 90 minutes. The thigh meat falls off the bone, the leg meat is tender but holds together with the tendons. Used a fork to pull the leg meat, but tender once separated from the bone/tendon