Turkey Meatpole

Put this bird down last weekend with the bow. Still didn't top my 7 year old's turkey for score, but my best with a bow thus far.

Turkey #2 - Tom

Turkey #1 - Jake

trkyslr

WKR
my 3rd nor-cal longbeard which was my 3rd natural setup call in kill of the season,,, this one was at 10 yards. TAGGED OUT!!!
#3 3.jpg#3 1.jpg#3 5.JPG

DSC01513_zpsa3aedfb7.jpg.html

Got lucky and scored on a nice Weneha tom

DSC01513.jpg

Last edited:
Here are some photos from our Turkey hunt last week in Idaho and Montana. We had a great time.

Shot this one the first morning in Idaho, 6 yards with an Athens Testament and a Vortex 2 blade.

attachment.php

Then we headed to Eastern Montana, this bird played cat and mouse with us all day, finally committed in the evening. Another very close shot, same arrow and head as the one from Idaho.

attachment.php

Very pretty bird!

attachment.php

Last day found us set up in an area we had never hunted. Found some sign, and settled in for the long haul. 9 hours later, a group of Jakes came in.

attachment.php

What a great time we had.

Nick

bz_711

WKR
Got this bird on state ground back on 4/19. Had birds work me all morning, even with 2 hens at 15yds acting like live decoys...this big guy wouldn't close the distance. Once he went back up on a steep ridge with the other birds, I put the ninja sneak on them...came up over bluff quietly as he continued to gobble about every minute...finally found an opening in the brush and got him.

My Dad shot a nice one also less than 2 miles away on our small piece of ground...love a couple ones at 8:30 in the morning!

TXCO

WKR
Texas double on Good Friday. Dad almost got the 3rd that came in too.

T2.jpgT1.jpg

DSC01529.jpgGot my 2nd OR Tom. I was able to connect, get pictures and make it to work on time.:)DSC01525.jpgDSC01523.jpg

Last edited: