Turkey Optic: What are you using?

Swamp Rat

FNG
Hey, first time poster. I apologize if this should have went in the game bird section.

I am new to turkey hunting and see a wide array of opinions on what lies between the shooter's eye and the turkey. I can in theory see the basic pros and cons of the 3 major options; bead/irons, red dot, and a scope. Question is what do you use and why? I hunt in an area where I can be in dense swamps to open clear cuts in no time. I also will be using the 12ga shotgun for deer hunting, grouse and rabbits. I do not mind swapping for each situation. I am a "right tool for the right job" type of guy.

I should add the 12ga is a Kel-Tec KS7 with choke adapter. It is a true gem for hunting rabbits and grouse living in thick swamps.

VenaticOppidan

Lil-Rokslider
So i had great success with a Holosun red dot for a few seasons on my mossberg 935 3.5” for a few seasons, but decided to put a vortex strike eagle 1-8x on it so that i could switch to a slug barrel in the fall and just change the zero. It sighted in great, lets see how it hunts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt G.

WKR
I have a 1-4 x 32 bass pro scope with circle reticle. have it mounted on my mossberg 835. turkey head fits perfectly in circle. I have taken birds to 55 yards. I don't like red dots since my experience is dot goes invisible in bright light so need watch angle and rising sun. i also like the diamond reticle but think nikon made that one.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

bradb

WKR
Vortex razor red dot. Dot is plenty bright in any light. Original set it up for taking youth turkey hunters out, but have used it myself for the last 5 or 6 years