Turkey Pics

Turkey season can’t come soon enough... let’s see those archery turkeys and broadheads of choice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jbehredt

WKR
6352ae5f5ccb658b79b32e6cc59aa805.jpg

I’m with you man! Grim reaper whitetail specials put this one down in no time.

No pics, I'm away from home. Taken several with 3 bladed over the top heads. Today I think I'd go with an obnoxiously wide rear deploying type.

Zew

FNG
Archery usually isn't my weapon of choice. But when I do I use rage x-treme's. I also crank my poundage way down. I want my arrow to stay in the bird. They don't go as far with an arrow in them. Not that they wont tip over dead with a pass thru, but a less than perfect shot they'll lay down quicker. Sometimes offering a follow up shot. And tracking a turkeys blood trail is never easy. Their feathers do wonders to soak up the blood. Unless your wacking their heads off!

N2TRKYS

WKR
Diamond Infinite Edge set at 33# drawing 22.5", 30.5" Beman Classic 400 spine with 125gr Bullhead Broadhead. My 11 yr old son with his first archery kill on a 13 degree Iowa morning. Deadcentered the wattles at 6 yards while he strutted next to a subdominate bird. View attachment 147359

That’s an impressive shot. The center of the neck is very small. Congrats to him on an awesome shot.

Cobie33

FNG
That’s an impressive shot. The center of the neck is very small. Congrats to him on an awesome shot.
Thank you, I will. He practiced all winter using field points shooting in the basement at turkey pics printed on cardboard. We then moved on to cucumbers suspended from the cloths line with a towel behind that to stop the broadhead/arrow once it warmed up outside before the season. He prepared really himself well. The point of the arrow went right through the center of the spine, the bird just collapsed straight down in a heap onto his belly and didn't flop. I have seen hundreds of turkeys killed but that was the first arrow killed gobbler I saw do that.