Turkey predicament in Illinois

dukhunt

FNG
With Illinois shutting down and going to “shelter in place” is it still ok to go turkey hunting? After all I consider anything I kill groceries. And the fat man (our governor) says grocery shopping is ok. WWJD

Rob5589

WKR
California is the same. However, outdoor activities/exercise is a permitted exemption.

I am in illinois and plan on going but I have 3rd and 4th seasons so I have some time. Youth season this weekend and I am sure my brother will take his boy. Its exercise which is allowed and it's getting food that is allowed. Also the best social distancing there is. Have fun.

TheGreek

Lil-Rokslider
You are gonna be able to hunt on private land, but as things stand now, you won’t be able to hunt on IL DNR properties. Which sucks cause I’ve got 2nd and 4th season permits for an IL DNR site in south east IL. This state is the worst.

OP
dukhunt

dukhunt

FNG
9.5 more years and I will be moving. Not that I’m counting or anything. Kid got his 20ga last week and took him out on a “field trip” shooting yesterday. He is pretty excited as am I.

OP
dukhunt

dukhunt

FNG
86indy I’ll be hunting around Braidwood.
Muley, this thread was supposed to be taken kind of as a joke. Seems folks these days are getting bored and taking to the internet for conversation and to pass time.

bdg848

WKR
I believe Illinois shut down their public land though, right? Makes you more likely to be stopped by a warden but I say it's worth it... IF they cite you, what is the penalty? similar to a traffic ticket? However, if you hunt private property then you are still technically "sheltered in place" right? I fled Illinois two years ago to Iowa and the only reason I ever go back is my family is trapped there.

OP
dukhunt

dukhunt

FNG
Well. We went. Saw turkeys 2 out of 3 days. Came close on the last day but no dice. It was fun to get out and have some normalcy. Fortunately he has a 1st season tag as well and we now have a few things figured out.

Elkhntr08

WKR
Private land is OK. Public, the CPO can site you for trespassing on state property. A little more than a traffic ticket.
I have a 2nd and 3rd season on private so I’ll be out.

Midwestwaterfowl

Lil-Rokslider
Luckily I’ll be hunting federal land 2nd and 4th seasons. Was planning on hunting some state ground 3rd season, fortunately I have permission on a small piece of private for that county. Just gonna try to make the best of it.

COOPDUCK

FNG
9.5 more years and I will be moving. Not that I’m counting or anything. Kid got his 20ga last week and took him out on a “field trip” shooting yesterday. He is pretty excited as am I.

hah you’re on the same relocation plan I’m on. Just don’t come to WA state, it’s as bad or worse.